New Season...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 298 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Re: New Season...

Post by Ricky330 »

3 of Diamonds, info on members page latest board minutes.
Last edited by Ricky330 on Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Ricky330 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:02 pm 3 of Diamonds, info on members page latest board minutes.
I don’t know how long you have been a member but you may not have been aware that there was a general agreement that certain financial information from board meeting minutes would not be broadcast on other social medium platforms. It took quite an effort for members to persuade the Club’s Board to issue a précis of their meeting minutes.

As for your suggestion that we should effectively ‘push the boat out’ to get Fairlamb to sign for a further season this is disrespectful to the manager who knows more than any of our fans the reasons why this player appears to be seeking his football elsewhere. I’m personally happy to leave player recruitment in his capable hands and I have full confidence that if he wishes to use some of the additional budget to bolster the squad he will do it in the correct way mindful of not upsetting existing squad members.
Last edited by Trek on Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Trek wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:00 pm
Ricky330 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:02 pm 3 of Diamonds, info on members page latest board minutes. £16247
I don’t know how long you have been a member but you may not have been aware that there was a general agreement that certain financial information from board meeting minutes would not be broadcast on other social medium platforms. It took quite an effort for members to persuade the Club’s Board to issue a précis of their meeting minutes.

As for your suggestion that we should effectively ‘push the boat out’ to get Fairlamb to sign for a further season this is disrespectful to the manager who knows more than any of our fans the reasons why this player appears to be seeking his football elsewhere. I’m personally happy to leave player recruitment in his capable hands and I have full confidence that if he wishes to use some of the additional budget to bolster the squad he will do it in the correct way mindful of not upsetting existing squad members.
Obviously I am not privvy to his contract demands but if he's asking for a wage that makes him the highest earner then I would suggest that that would have been reflective of his place in the squad, which on last season's evidence was clear of everyone else. If it's more like double the next highest paid then fair enough, let him go!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:30 pm Obviously I am not privvy to his contract demands but if he's asking for a wage that makes him the highest earner then I would suggest that that would have been reflective of his place in the squad, which on last season's evidence was clear of everyone else. If it's more like double the next highest paid then fair enough, let him go!
I understand where you are coming from but Peaksie said in his interview after the Cambridge City home game that he only wanted players that wished to be at the Club. Perhaps Luke wants to be playing at a higher level which may or not mean more money and conversely Peaksie only wants players with the right attitude and desire to be at our Club.
Ricky330

Post by Ricky330 »

As admirable as peakseys statement is, I would guess that the lack of triallists we have attracted this pre season (bench mainly made up of u18s) suggests that "wanting to play " for the club is not a big a priority for them . I was always led to believe that the lottery money was there to boost the squad with quality and or experience. Maybe its time to consider that ?Unfortunately in whatever walk of life you are in, if you want quality/experience, you have to pay for it.Hopefully we will see further additions, but with 2 pre season games left , I can't help feeling concerned as we seem to be 5/6 players short of Andys stated squad size of22/23.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Lack of trialists? At least 3 at every game, obviously some in more than one game. Peaks is known to hold his cards close to his chest and will undoubtedly spring a couple of new signings in the next week or so as he has done every pre season. All the Acadamyy lads have done well and it's bodes well for the future, but understandably we crave success now. I am confident the lottery money will be put to good use when the time is right and the right players available.
Ricky330

Post by Ricky330 »

3 at every game? Yup, the same 3 tho! Re the academy lads, Surely the club would benefit more in the long run by loaning them to Rushden & Higham to gain much needed experience of the men's game. Re the lottery , surely its better to use now to strengthen where we need it,(left sided player for example),rather than wait until we find ourselves in an uncomfortable league position?
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

You are panicking for no reason. As I said earlier, give it another week and see who we sign. The current squad is more than capable of making a play off challenge despite several very strong contenders this season. We have an excellent back four and in Smith, Jones and Diamond plenty of goals. It is midfield where we are at our most vulnerable and need a left sided player and a dominating central midfielder and at the moment we do not have a signed goalkeeper. I am confident 2 of those positions are going to be sorted. As for Fairlamb, who knows what's going on his head, as yet he hasn't signed for anyone I believe. I would be very surprised if he did come back.
judster62

Post by judster62 »

Ricky330 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:50 pm 3 at every game? Yup, the same 3 tho! Re the academy lads, Surely the club would benefit more in the long run by loaning them to Rushden & Higham to gain much needed experience of the men's game. Re the lottery , surely its better to use now to strengthen where we need it,(left sided player for example),rather than wait until we find ourselves in an uncomfortable league position?
There have been a lot more than 3 trialists to be fair to Andy Peaks. There were 3 regulars who really impressed in positions we needed cover and they have signed-up I think so job done. Of the others there were fleeting signs that may still amount to something.

Most of the Academy players looked up to playing at our level and made an impact so not sure a loan out at that level would benefit them.

The difficulty is always maintaining a decent squad after the season starts and some players realise they won't be getting regular game time. You want to keep them as cover but most don't get paid unless they play so will drift off to a lower level where they can get regular games. We have a few on contract which will help address that but a squad of 18 is always tough to maintain let alone 20 plus.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Not related to the above conversation but Royston have just paid a fee for a player from Hemel Hempstead!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291