[ Sat 31st July ] v Daventry Town, KO 3pm PSF HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Sat 31st July ] v Daventry Town, KO 3pm PSF HOME

Post by Three of Diamonds »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:26 am My suspicion is, and it is only MY suspicion, that we have covid situation in our camp and that our remaining friendlies are in doubt. No announcement yet suggests to me that lengthy discussions are taking place. Just hope I am hopelessly wrong.
Seems like you might be correct. A bit odd though considering there were tweets going out with the usual pre game build up that morning.
AFC R & D member number 34
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

That comes as a relief to hear the reasons behind the postponement- and that they weren’t for something more troubling, especially given the significance of the game in question, and how it brought back memories of similar announcements those years ago, and the waiting for news. Quite why it took so long to reassure the fans isn’t clear.

Given there was mention of a COVID case in the previous post-match interview it appeared the club was being open about such issues.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

More pitch work ahead of the weekend. Looks likely that the Daventry DRMC match will be next Tuesday. Awaiting official confirmation from club, though Jon Dunham mentioned it in his latest article

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »