[ Sat 1st Oct ] v Hendon FC, KO 3pm FAC3Q AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: [ Sat 1st Oct ] v Hendon FC, KO 3pm FAC3Q AWAY

Post by corby diamond »

First of all Hendon didn't go through today because the lads were poor, well they were but then again Hendon played some good football at times. They had 3 or 4 on the pitch that could go through the defence like a hot knife through butter!!

Yes the pitch wasn't great but that doesn't excuse what happened on the pitch today. It's almost like the lads wasn't up for it, yes going out with a whimper is what I would also call it..

I'm so annoyed to be seeing this change in formation, it isn't working!! What was the first half, couldn't decide whether it was more like 4-3-3 or more like a 4-5-1.. Either way the midfield was bypassed so much and once again nabil seemed to be playing the lone striker at times. He needs support big time..

Our midfield was so weak today.. nic played ok, but I'm a big fan of brads but got to say he was weak today in his play, even more so after he went in the book and seemed to be then afraid to go in for anything. It's amazing how so many times both halfs Hendon went out wide and down the wings, it's something the midfield should take note of..

Was nice to see some fresh legs put on earlier today, but that was probably down to Liam and bunts injuries. Another two which may be added to the injury list.. a big blow if so!!

One more thing and that's Robbie parsons.. I know there seemed to be a debate on the lad on here midweek. There was so much criticism of him today in the stands, but then again in my own opinion he too had a poor game, he's bundled over too easily, tries to take on 3 or 4 then loses possession..

There wasn't nothing much to smile about today and there was many glum faces.. sadly an inportant game and it ended in that way.. a team that were there for the taking..
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
BartonRaz
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

We could spend all day analysing the errors made yesterday. I think it'd be best to just draw a line under it and move on from it as quickly as possible. I don't think the Hendon players had to break sweat.

I was going to post that I thought Bunting had an absolute stinker yesterday, but I have just seen that he was playing despite being ill. Judging by Twitter I think we played Nabil Shariff when he was ill a couple of a weeks ago against Shaw Lane and he did himself no justice, would it not be sensible to leave a player out if they're unwell? Yesterday we could have simply put Tom Lorraine in midfield and brought Orosz in to partner Nabil.

If we're missing a lot of players, which we unquestionably are, then the players that come in need to at the very least get the basics right. Our set-piece delivery was painful all afternoon, Jackson's were particularly bad, and I think I counted at least 5 separate players taking set-pieces which seems odd to me.

Next week's game against Histon is as close to a 'gimme' as we're going to get at this level of football. We must try and get some momentum back.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Also, Nico Muir scored against us for Hendon yesterday. I believe he's now scored against us on 3 separate occasions (twice for Northwood) which is probably a first. Someone might be able to confirm?

Easton Diamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Easton Diamond »

Still feeling very angry and let down at what I witnessed on Saturday and I've thought a lot about it. The fact Hendon were a step above and the amount of injuries we have does not excuse the performance. After the work we put into this cup run it was staggering to see the lack of application and determination at times. Nabil Shariff understandably looked thoroughly dejected at the end and he must be starting to question why he joined us for this season. I really hope he doesn’t start to get fed up. He gets barely any service whatsoever and ploughs a lone furrow almost every single match. Playing the ball on the ground to him might be a good place to start.

I have to question some of the management’s decisions I’m afraid. What is the point in bringing a sub on after going two-nil down when the game is up? It should have been made far earlier. I understand he is slowly returning from injury but why not bring Jake Newman on early second half to partner Nabil up front? It is clear to me that Shariff and Newman will be the star partnership this season for us, play them together so they can form an understanding and they can be the lethal combination we desperately need. The lack of encouragement from the bench as usual was also infuriating to see and as for Chris Wreh doing drag backs in midfield when we’re 3-0 down, what is all that about! :shock:

Now onto you know who. How Robbie Parsons continues to start every game I do not know. How badly does he have to play before he is dropped? I lost count of how many times he lost the ball and couldn’t be bothered to try and win it back. Just before their first goal watch the lack of effort he puts in to chase after their number 3 as he’s running down the line. Pathetic and embarrassing. The boy’s attitude absolutely stinks and I’m fed up of watching him every bloody week. Give someone else a chance for the love of god.

The most impressive part of the day was the coach drivers' excellent negotiation of Wollaston’s back streets en route to the match. Fair play to him, excellent driving :good:
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

AFC R&D Member No. 67
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Hendon have been drawn away to Boreham Wood in the next round if anybody is interested.

Stamford have got the plum tie - home to Wrexham.

burger monster

Post by burger monster »

I don't think there are any gimmies in any games that we play. Histon will be a tough game for sure. Our injury list is horrendous and very worrying, but whoever we manage to get out on the pitch for the Trophy game, they just have to be confident, determinned, be ready to put in a shift against Histon so we can get back on track. Gutted about Saturday for everyone involved with the club, the support was fantastic.

Be great to see the lads put in a performance this Saturday to give us all a lift.

I'm confident they will.
tech_head

Post by tech_head »

I don't think either team played well and thought we had the best of the first 15 mins or so. In all they were just more clinical in the final 3rd but I thought the 3-0 scoreline flattered them. I thought they were pretty poor for a step up tbh and there for the taking.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 183