A bit of fun

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: A bit of fun

Post by Formic »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:29 am I have to say I can't agree with the "bring back so and so" posts. Most, if not all, of those had the chance to stay and didn't want to. What value is there to getting them back in?

Young, hungry players who want to progress and would benefit from the coaching they'd receive should be your targets.

If you want a winger look no further than Ben Diamond at Chenecks.
Whilst I'd agree with what you say, I do wonder about how such a young player would be allowed to progress once they perform in front of our home fans. There are a vocal minority who seem to expect perfection in every game, and their criticisms can dent the confidence of a young player (or annoy them enough to affect their game).
I think we need to find a squad of players who are rather more resilient than some of the more recent signings, perhaps taking fewer players who've suffered long-term injury issues which may reoccur.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Lewis Hilliard joins St Ives.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

rushden_jm wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:04 pm Anybody noticed who the clubs twitter account has recently started following?
Ben Seymour-Shove is one. Would be a great signing, always looked good against us.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

Ronaldo wants to leave Spain.
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

diamondgeezer1 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:07 pm
rushden_jm wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:04 pm Anybody noticed who the clubs twitter account has recently started following?
Ben Seymour-Shove is one. Would be a great signing, always looked good against us.
Think he much scored against us every time he faced us.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:56 pm
Think he much scored against us every time he faced us.
I suppose it seemed that way with most fans remembering his extra time winner in the SLC1 Play Off final. However, he failed to score against us in either league matches against Huntingdon in the UCL Premier in 2013/14 but did score in the UCL League Cup fixture in the same season at the Dog & Duck. He also failed to score in the 2-2 draw at St Ives in 2015/16.
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Watson and Knight from Barton Rovers (formerly St Ives) have joined St Neots respectively and Steve Gentle (CB) has joined Eynesbury from Barton. Their squad has been pretty decimated.
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

UttoDiamond wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:28 pm Watson and Knight from Barton Rovers (formerly St Ives) have joined St Neots respectively and Steve Gentle (CB) has joined Eynesbury from Barton. Their squad has been pretty decimated.
No surprise as it's becoming the Barton way, save up a bit of money, round up the local wanderers and have a 1 year promotion push, sure for the next couple of seasons they will be mid table or worse then come 2019/20 in happens again. I just wonder what would happen if they did get up to Step 3 as they couldn't fund it on gate money and I don't think the players they sign would all say "just to stay together we'll play for less" Presume Steve Gentle's travelling days are over, but that's a hell of a signing for Eynesbury, wonder if they are assembling for a push on the UCL title.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Our former nemesis - Brady Hickey - has left Barwell to join Nuneaton who are going full-time next season.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291