PFF

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

PFF

Post by Rushdenjim »

BringBackDuane

Re: PFF

Post by BringBackDuane »

Yep, great idea, already given my views on the 'Youth Team Match' thread!

We had a great set-up last year, 3rd in a Football League Table, and it has been robbed from us through no fault of any of the youth team staff/players.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Completely agree with that, and didn't know that it means the loss of player protection. BY dropping out of the league, there also is a loss of incentive for teams to try to bring on younger talent, as they simply would not be able to afford it. Even if just this was kept, then there would be an incentive for sides to try and find the next young prospect, to fund further developments. I think its a credit to ourselves, that we have kept this going
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

It has been very hard to keep it all going ,but with the work Paul Driver and Mark Starmer put in its helped to keep it all together,but it could do desparetly the football league monies as it is a constant struggle.This year the lads in the Cof E have had to get £400 of sponsorship each or parents to pay this fee for all the expenses,which they do receive great coaching and competative matches.
The Youth team had to move into the football conference alliance due to the decrease in funding so limits the team to not as much good opposition,therefore their development may not be as progressive as all would like it to be.
We had a bucket collection at the crawley match and oxford game for the c of e tour fund of which about £200.00 was raised,i do feel that a majority of fans were not interested,if you think there may have been about 3000 home fans for the combined games,not a great amount considering the parents have paid out for the tour,they may get about £20.00 back as a contribution from parent raised funds.
With the financial climate it very hard for all to pay,which is unfair on the ones who do,but overall if the funding was being put into the club everyone would be able to be on a level playing field and find and keep the talent for the future oof R & D.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Something I've wanted to see change for a while, especially the lack of protection for non league youth players. Hope something comes of this.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I knew nothing about the bucket collection. Am i the only one?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Steve

Post by Steve »

BartonRaz wrote:I knew nothing about the bucket collection. Am i the only one?
I didn't, and if I had of known I WOULD definately have put money in
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

BartonRaz wrote:I knew nothing about the bucket collection. Am i the only one?
Didn't see anything either..

I'm just assuming there was only 1 bucket out?
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Someone was in Strikers with a bucket before the Crawley game, but I didn't see anyone against Oxford.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

At the Oxford game they were outside De banke,there were at least 4 or 5 buckets.