Who would we want in playoffs?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
coolcuts

Re: Who would we want in playoffs?

Post by coolcuts »

I want Oxford but i cannot see York losing any more of there matches apart from there last game against stevenage. So looks like we will have to take 5th place
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Can't see York slipping up much no, but I can see Oxford tanking a few more times, their last games are: Alty, Cambridge, Mansfield, Wrexham and a last day game at Eastbourne, who could be fighting against relegation. They've been getting very lucky with late goals recently, without them they'd be below us on GD.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

There will a few more twists and turns before the end of the season. Nothing is decided yet. ;)
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 61 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

We are probably all agreed that we dont want Luton in play offs...which is the current situation.

So we may reach last match with Luton needing a win to clinch championship. What do we do????
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

sussexdiamond wrote:We are probably all agreed that we dont want Luton in play offs...which is the current situation.

So we may reach last match with Luton needing a win to clinch championship. What do we do????
I think we can beat Luton (again) so bring them on!!!!

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Trek

Post by Trek »

I would like to see us play our strongest team against Luton and thrash them so if we were to meet them in the play off then that would be two victories against the Hatters and our lads would be full of confidence.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I really don't care who we'd have to play, it'll be a fine achievement just getting there. I honestly thought we'd finish somewhere from 7th - 10th. I DO NOT want Luton to win the league at Nene Park by beating us, that would be awful.
AFC R & D member number 34
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

I'd prefer Oxford i think we can do them, but we've beaten Stevenage and Luton before this season and there's no reason why we can't beat them again, the frustrating thing is I really really want to go to Wembley and watch Rushden, it's been a weird mini dream of mine, so i'd love to just get there. My head say's i'm not bothered if we go up, it's been a ridiculously entertaining season as it is... but my heart says God i hope we do it. To shut up the arrogance and disregard for a team like us coming from the likes of Luton and Oxford fans would do me no end of pleasure, we don't get enough respect from the bigger teams and now is a prefect chance to punish them! Lets hope our boys are pumped and do a professional job for the rest of the season.

Up the Diamonds!
Trek

Post by Trek »

Two of Diamonds wrote:I really don't care who we'd have to play
I agree. Don't forget we have to beat two clubs to reach the league. I shall not be losing any sleep over who we may play in the play off semis since, on our day, we can beat anyone.