What do we need to reach play offs?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

What do we need to reach play offs?

Post by sussexdiamond »

John Dunham has suggested we needed to win seven of our remaining eight games. Well we have one out of the way.

Looking at the maximum possible for each play off contender we are currently 6 or 7 points behind our closest rivals if we are to snatch that fifth place.

K*ttering 100pts max
Stourbridge 92
Alvechurch 86
Kings Lynn 85
Stratford 84
Coalville 84
Diamonds 78

To have any chance at all WE must win the next three games, but as I have said before we are yet to win more than two in a row.so is it asking too much? Any of the four above us are "catchable".
We are dependent on others dropping points and that hopefully will start tomorrow when Kings Lynn play Alvechurch and Leiston v Stratford. On Wednesday Hitchin v Coalville. On Saturday Stratford v Kings Lynn.

IF we win our next three games it will be very interesting to see just where we are at that point going into that very difficlult spell of Stourbridge, Coalville and Ketetering.

I was expecting K*ttering to be Champions by 31st march but that is slipping back into April now. Surely Easter Monday wont be critical...will it????
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Re: What do we need to reach play offs?

Post by Biggles »

Alvechurch play 4 of those teams in that list, kings lynn at least 2, we play 2 plus others may have the odd game against others in that list so highly unlikely most of those teams will reach the points tally you have given, its anybodies guess who will make the playoffs and maybe someone like Biggleswade could surprise and sneak in come 27th April
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

19/3 KL v Alvechurch
23/3 Stratford v KL
6/4 K*ttering v Alvechurch
13/4 AFCRD v Stourbridge
13/4 Alvechurch v Coalville
19/4 Stourbridge v Alvechurch
20/4 Coalville v AFCRD
22/4 AFCRD V K*ttering
27/4 K*ttering v Stratford
27/4 Stourbridge v KL

I think that is all the top sevens fixtures between each other.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

Lots of points to be won and lost yet - yes the fixtures between those sides are vital, of course they are, but all have to play other sides who can take points off them too. Look at us with Rushall Olympic, K*ttering v Biggleswade.

It’ll be tough to make the playoffs - but not impossible. It’s a 7 game season now - take as many points as we can and see where it leaves us. Time to roll the dice and see where they lay!

I’ve loved this season - the only thing that is predictable about this league is its unpredictability!

Cliches are us - take one game at a time and see where it leaves us!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

I said at the start of the season going by where these teams in this league finished in their league last year it would be significantly easy and K*ttering have took advantage of that as they were the only team in this league who finished in the top 4 last year at this level.

If we are still in this league next year I can't see it getting much stronger, so those league reforms will be a benefit to us and with one or two additions as long as we don't lose our first teamers I would imagine we will be in the top 3.

But back to this season if we make it we make it, there are bound to be a few more twists so while we keep picking up points we have a wee chance.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I agree we probably need to win 6 of the last 7. Judging by the fact we haven't been able to string a run of wins together this season in its entirety, and given who we've got to face in those remaining games, I think this is highly unlikely.

If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. I won't lose any sleep over it. I never expected us to be in this position and frankly i've always been of the opinion that promotion this season would do more harm than good for a few reasons.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Kings Lynn beat Alvechurch 1-0, Stratford won 2-1 at Leiston. Maybe Hitchin will do us a favour tomorrow v Coalville. Bedworth relegated tonight as Lowestoft won 5-1 v Halesowen.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:38 pm Kings Lynn beat Alvechurch 1-0, Stratford won 2-1 at Leiston. Maybe Hitchin will do us a favour tomorrow v Coalville. Bedworth relegated tonight as Lowestoft won 5-1 v Halesowen.
Not officially although they need an absolute miracle. Looks like another point would do it.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Thank you Hitchin.1-0 beat Coalville.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

BartonRaz wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:07 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:38 pm Kings Lynn beat Alvechurch 1-0, Stratford won 2-1 at Leiston. Maybe Hitchin will do us a favour tomorrow v Coalville. Bedworth relegated tonight as Lowestoft won 5-1 v Halesowen.
Not officially although they need an absolute miracle. Looks like another point would do it.
Lowestoft GD is -14 and Bedworth's -49. That would be some miracle!!