[ Sat 6th Apr ] v St Ives Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: [ Sat 6th Apr ] v St Ives Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

Post by BartonRaz »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:02 pm FT 0-0.

No goals in our last 3 games and just 5 goals in our last 9 games which speaks volumes about where we’re now at. Fortunately we’re so solid defensively.
3 goals in 8 games if you discount the Needham Market game (a team that had lost 5 on the bounce before playing us). Grim. :lazy:
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Harry Flashman

Post by Harry Flashman »

Our most skillful attacking player was badly missed yesterday. With the greater possession we enjoyed Ben D could have been a game changer and his ability to dribble and run at defenders would have created the chances we lacked. I still feel he should be part of a front two.
I heard some complaints about the formation, presumably playing wingbacks, but I thought the system was effective when we needed to defend. Zac is in a great run of form and looks quality when moving forward with the ball. Sam gave us strength and he dominated his area of the pitch. We need more positivity from the midfield 3 players getting further forward and passing on the ground with accuracy.
However this season we have the players we have and they each have to raise their game and regardless of play off race and finish season giving us all hope for next season and remember this season for the successes in competing well at this step of football.
Feeling not too despondent.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's post match report, chatting with Andy Peaks.

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 1440624642

Goalmouth action from AFC Rushden & Diamonds' 0-0 draw at St Ives Town.
Picture courtesy of HawkinsImages
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Interviews following yesterdays draw at @stivestownfc

Via
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Wearing my "Forever Optimist" hat we are in the same position as we were Saturday morning except that we have a game less to make up 6 points on Stratford, rather than Alvechurch.

If we can beat Stourbridge and Coalville, and I don't think that is so improbable as both of them have also had some indifferent results lately we will be going into the BIG ONE on Easter Monday with all to play for.
Yes, we have some tricky fixtures but so do Stratford (Royston, Lowestoft, Biggleswade and their final match is at K*ttering).

Finishing 6th/7th would be a fantastic achievement and one we could take great pride in but after having been in the mix for so long now there is still a feeling of what might have been. All I have been hoping for was just to make the Play Offs although I don't for a minute think we would win three play off fixtures and I don't think the club is ready for Step 2 for another two or three seasons. Maintaining the club financially stable and preparing for the new ground has to be the priority.

It is ironic that taking at least a point off Stourbridge will give the title to K*ttering even if they were to lose at Halesowen next week.