K*ttering at home

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: K*ttering at home

Post by Adrian »

Will the interest of Yeovil in ex Bristol Rovers man Marcus Law derail the Poppies title hopes?

For a club who rewards a manager on a losing streak with a new 5 year contract - them looking to the Southern League for a new manager doesn't surprise me, sometimes i think i'm asleep and the things i read are a total dream.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Adrian wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:26 am Will the interest of Yeovil in ex Bristol Rovers man Marcus Law derail the Poppies title hopes?

For a club who rewards a manager on a losing streak with a new 5 year contract - them looking to the Southern League for a new manager doesn't surprise me, sometimes i think i'm asleep and the things i read are a total dream.
They've won the league, it's just a case of when its mathematically impossible for anyone else to catch up to them. They'll want to keep Law since he is "allegedly" the one pumping money into the club to get promotion this season (to cover the fact he's an average manager at best)

If he was to go to Yeovil then I doubt he'd last long there.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

It will be interesting to see which way the club arranges it. If they go at the clubhouse end we'll probably need catering and toilets plus maybe some seats in the Chris Ruff stand, but definately no bar. We need to maximise income whilst we can IMO as it wont happen next season.
We should turn up with monopoly money and wave it at them😁
AFC R & D member number 34
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Two press releases over the last 48 hours from K*ttering. One suggesting it was pay on the day and now one saying it will be ticket only.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Rushdenjim wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:39 pm Two press releases over the last 48 hours from K*ttering. One suggesting it was pay on the day and now one saying it will be ticket only.
Interesting to note that there’s been a change of heart today. Surely there was detailed discussions between the two clubs and the Police some time ago?
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Their fans are already moaning so nothing new there. Good idea to limit the number of tickets they can have, otherwise there could be absolute chaos. (600 max?) I would assume they will have the opposite end to the De Banke (We do not want them urinating or vomiting over our nice new stand).

I guess temporary toilet (and catering ) facilities} will be provided outside the ground as there is limited space inside. Although of course going back to Rockinghorse Road days they don't seem to use them anyway.

My only surprise is that the details were not finalized earlier and how do they get their tickets...those not going to Halesowen on Saturday could come to our match against Stourbridge so we get two lots of money out of them!!!
Trek

Post by Trek »

Match details were issued by our club in a statement a few days ago Sussex which you may have missed although there was no mention that it would be ‘all ticket’ for KTFC fans. This is the aspect that seems to be attracting criticism on social media in particular the requirement that they need to buy direct from us.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Yes. I do seem to have missed that. What did it say? I have seen nothing on the official club website nor on here
Trek

Post by Trek »

Sorry Sussex, my mistake, it wasn’t on the OWS but if you go to the Board minutes summary for the 26th February in the Members section you can see the arrangements that were anticipated for this fixture.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Trek wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:45 pm Sorry Sussex, my mistake, it wasn’t on the OWS but if you go to the Board minutes summary for the 26th February in the Members section you can see the arrangements that were anticipated for this fixture.
ok thanks