[ Sat 20th Jul ] v Oxford City FC, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 20th Jul ] v Oxford City FC, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Next up, an away trip to Oxford City.

oxford city pre season (1).jpg
oxford city pre season (1).jpg (387.34 KiB) Viewed 4186 times
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: [ Sat 20th Jul ] v Oxford City FC, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

Post by sussexdiamond »

They have lost two PSF so far. 3-5 v Oxford Unii and 1-2 to Thame. The winning goal for Thame was goalie howler as he came a long way out of his area and gave the ball to a Thame player who walked it into the net.
Dazzler
The Staff

Re: TODAY! [ Sat 20th Jul ] v Oxford City FC, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

<BUMP> Today! If not heading to Oxford - R&HUFC are at Hayden Road versus Desborough Town FC in a Pre-season friendly - free entry. Bar and Burgermonster open.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

A real struggle today against a side that weren’t overly impressive. The performance was very similar to plenty that we saw at the back end of last season.

Most of these trialists are a mile off it. Back to the drawing board on the recruitment I think. We certainly need a few new faces.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Dbsl »

Interesting how we all view games. I thought we were the better side in the first half except we gifted them a goal. Second half I think they shaded it but again we gave away to soft goals although both were well taken. At that to me was the differences. They took their goals we still look weak up front. Tom still looks like our only option up front. None of the Foward trialists have impressed and I note the two that played in the first couple of games were not with the squad yesterday.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:01 pm A real struggle today against a side that weren’t overly impressive. The performance was very similar to plenty that we saw at the back end of last season.

Most of these trialists are a mile off it. Back to the drawing board on the recruitment I think. We certainly need a few new faces.
Thing is, where are we likely to find them? There's a few restrictions at our level like, location, budget, not wanting to sit on the bench too long and obviously being good enough. I think I'd take a punt on at least one if the young central midfielders, who would probably understand that they'd have to fight for their place. With the start of the season being just over two weeks away, 3 or 4 players are going to have to be added and you'd then think at least 2 of the trislists will be signed wether they are good enough or not.
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:28 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:01 pm A real struggle today against a side that weren’t overly impressive. The performance was very similar to plenty that we saw at the back end of last season.

Thing is, where are we likely to find them? There's a few restrictions at our level like, location, budget, not wanting to sit on the bench too long and obviously being good enough. I think I'd take a punt on at least one if the young central midfielders, who would probably understand that they'd have to fight for their place. With the start of the season being just over two weeks away, 3 or 4 players are going to have to be added and you'd then think at least 2 of the trislists will be signed wether they are good enough or not.
Plucked the likes of Collard and Reynolds from left field last year and they didn’t turn out too badly. Don’t forget also that one of our best players last season was a loanee and we could/should explore that option again if it pops up.

Shouldn’t be signing anyone up for the sake of it.

BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Dbsl wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:10 pm Interesting how we all view games. I thought we were the better side in the first half except we gifted them a goal. Second half I think they shaded it but again we gave away to soft goals although both were well taken. At that to me was the differences. They took their goals we still look weak up front. Tom still looks like our only option up front. None of the Foward trialists have impressed and I note the two that played in the first couple of games were not with the squad yesterday.
We didn’t work the ‘keeper until the 89th minute and prior to that we were on course to lose 3-0, so I don’t think we could realistically argue to have been the better team for a half or that Oxford just shaded it. Can’t argue with your subsequent points though.