Off Topic Google

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Off Topic Google

Post by Adrian »

Why is it that if you put KTFC into Google it says "American football field in Burton Latimer, England"

Could be a joke?
But with Google being American could it be a genuine mistake?

Perfect excuse if fans start asking for refunds saying they play to much long ball :drinks: :cheesy: :cheesy:
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: Off Topic Google

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Adrian wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:12 pm Why is it that if you put KTFC into Google it says "American football field in Burton Latimer, England"

Could be a joke?

Perfect excuse if fans start asking for refunds saying they play to much long ball :drinks: :cheesy: :cheesy:
American football or "gridiron" was played on there during the 90s by a team called the Rockingham rebels. That may be where that reference has come from and put the two together :meeting:
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:48 pm
Adrian wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:12 pm Why is it that if you put KTFC into Google it says "American football field in Burton Latimer, England"

Could be a joke?

American football or "gridiron" was played on there during the 90s by a team called the Rockingham rebels. That may be where that reference has come from and put the two together :meeting:

Rockingham Rebels, founded by our very own Duke of Wimbourne also played at Hayden Road.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:48 pm American football or "gridiron" was played on there during the 90s by a team called the Rockingham rebels. That may be where that reference has come from and put the two together :meeting:
Don’t think the Rebels ever played at Latimer Park but the Northants Stormbringers played at Rockingham Road and the Dog & Duck.
I watched the Rebels play at Hayden Road as my young lad was an American football fan at the time. The Rebels only played a couple of seasons circa 1986-88 before disbanding. Former AFCRD Board member Bob Osborne starred. :clapping:
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Trek wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:42 am
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:48 pm American football or "gridiron" was played on there during the 90s by a team called the Rockingham rebels. That may be where that reference has come from and put the two together :meeting:
Don’t think the Rebels ever played at Latimer Park but the Northants Stormbringers played at Rockingham Road and the Dog & Duck.
I watched the Rebels play at Hayden Road as my young lad was an American football fan at the time. The Rebels only played a couple of seasons circa 1986-88 before disbanding. Former AFCRD Board member Bob Osborne starred. :clapping:
Not correct on a couple of points. The Rebels did play at Larimer Park for a number of season. I would suggest four or five. We only played at Hayden Road but played for 11 seasons.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:44 pm The Rebels did play at Larimer Park for a number of season. I would suggest four or five. We only played at Hayden Road but played for 11 seasons.
I stand corrected. I know they won a league title in Croydon as a lad named Hilbourne played who lived around the corner from me.