Bar swap feedback

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Bar swap feedback

Post by bozzer »

Any feedback on the trial bar swap last night?
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Re: Bar swap feedback

Post by Pigman »

I thought it was far better!

Lots of room, granted it wasn’t heaving or the biggest crowd, but just enough to get a feel for it. Plus there wasn’t the usual crush next to the burger bar with people coming and going in and out of the bar. For me it was a success.

Pop a couple of tv’s in there and it’ll be perfect - I’d stick with it personally. The other bar is far more suited to smaller groups imo.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Pigman wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:10 pm Pop a couple of tv’s in there and it’ll be perfect - I’d stick with it personally. The other bar is far more suited to smaller groups imo.
That's actually already planned - we have had 2 TV's donated a while back (we'll always accept others). There was nothing on last night anyway - so it was low priority to do for the test.

The aim is to put 2 TV's on stands - so they can be used in various locations in the room - for different events/configurations. (Plus the walls are not really suitable for mounting TV's anyway). Will have HDMI connections to the existing BT Box.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Thanks for that - I knew you’d be all over it and my comment wasn’t a criticism, just feedback - it was only a trial, so I understood why they weren’t there on Tuesday (plus as you said, we’d only have got to see eastenders - so no Greta loss)!! :good:
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/ne ... -1-9022915

Looks like we may have to find a new source of Real Ale for Dales bar! :shock:
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Sad news that, nice little family firm - sorry to hear things haven’t worked out!
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Bar Swap Trial Extended

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/extended-bar-trial

Note: Whilst we are working on adding additional TV's to the OAK Room side of the bar, these may not be ready for next Tuesday but hope to have them done soon after - work allowing. If anyone has an older flat screen > 36" they wish to donate please let us know.
Drunken Debanker
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Drunken Debanker »

Personally I think it'll be a shame to change permanently, it took awhile to feel at home at Hayden Road but last season it really did feel like a second home.

I agree that when we have an away side bring a bigger following it will be necessary, Tamworth/Nuneaton for example and I think it's a good idea that we are in a position to be able to swap if we feel we need to.

The only reason other than a bigger than usual crowd that I would feel it necessary to move is the crowd outside of the Burger Monster hut but since the condiments table has been moved, and if they continue to ask people before the game and during half time to stand around the side when waiting for some food, I think this goes a long way to not blocking the entrance to the bar.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
We'll Drink Some Beer
And We'll Drink Some More
Cuz We Are The Rushden Boys On Tour.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Just do it when;

600+ expected
Significant away following
Pre/post match event (televised football, band, fundraiser)
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Three Nips »

Although not disabled myself, personally I'd think it a little bit degrading if I needed a steward to accompany through to the bar the other side. Surely you can trust people to make their way through, it's not like the Royal Family will be there in any case! A few up their backside 'board members' possibly but for all that's holy, surely a bit of common sense should prevail!
Everywhere we go....