[ Mon 26th Aug ] v St Ives Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Mon 26th Aug ] v St Ives Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Official Match Link to follow

Just putting this thread here, as next Match follows soon after the Saturday match, on the Bank Holiday Monday.

St Ives home.png
St Ives home.png (2.54 MiB) Viewed 9299 times
Dazzler
The Staff

Re: [ Mon 26th Aug ] v St Ives Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Available in Dale's Bar on Monday - Whilst Stocks Last!

Digfield.jpg
Digfield.jpg (3.38 MiB) Viewed 9244 times
Dazzler
The Staff

Re: NEXT UP! [ Mon 26th Aug ] v St Ives Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

<BUMP> Tomorrow's Match
Harry Flashman

Post by Harry Flashman »

We have players who are showing great resilience and character, today against opponents who with more ambition should have won this game when we were down to 10. Set pieces are our strength this season and what a fantastic Collard winner.
Three points again against a below average team and the league table doesn’t lie.
There is however no doubt that we have not yet found a team balance in midfield and we lack a cutting edge up front although both strikers made a contribution today.
My concern is that when we play stronger sides we will struggle in both departments and have an over reliance on our defence. Surely Ben was MOM today.
Second familiar concern is why the manager waits so long before making much needed substitutions as seen again today where Tom could have been on earlier.
Happy days though 3 points in difficult playing conditions .
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

A big struggle today against the worlds most negative side, I feel sorry for the poor sods who have to watch that garbage every week. Unfortunately you have to score against St Boring early and not for the first time we didn’t, got there in the end though so 3 points and happy days, hopefully after the new year we won’t be playing them again and their season ends in the fully deserved relegation. 🤞
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

Really difficult conditions today, baking hot, and energy sapping - great credit has to go to the 10 who had to put in an extra shift due to the sending off!

For me personally, Jack Ashton should have been taken off at half time, I said so at the time, so it’s not me being wise after the event - I predicted he wouldn’t see the game out! Sadly I was right! That was a poor decision to keep him on and it almost cost us! We got lucky! But then I guess we made our own luck in the end - thank goodness for Collard!

Ben Heath’s saves kept us in the game and he was certainly my man of the match. Alex kind of deserved it because he stole us the points, just after it’d been announced !!

It would be churlish of me to criticise things too much because I’d have taken your arm off for 4 wins out of 5 and 12 points out of a possible 15 before we started the season! But I still don’t think we’ve seen the best from this group of players and we’ve yet to play the formation I’d like - but an 80% win rate kind of vindicates Andy’s choice of tactic!

Next up a tricky away match at Redditch - then a nice little break for the FA Cup !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Got out of jail today although the lads showed a lot of grit and determination to hang in there with 10 men.

It was refreshing to see so many changes to the line-up after Saturday's disappointment, but we still managed to play players out of their natural positions. It felt a bit like we were trying to accommodate certain players in the side when a simple 4-4-2 would have sufficed. Gosnal-Tyler seems really inhibited at wing back and a lot more dangerous further forward, whilst on the other side i'd much prefer to see Sam Brown operate more defensively.

As others have said it's hard to be too critical at this point given our points haul, but if we're using the phrase 'the table doesn't lie' then we should have expected to beat 4 teams that currently occupy 4 of the bottom 7 positions. Much tougher tests lie ahead, particularly in October.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dazzler
The Staff

Re: [ Mon 26th Aug ] v St Ives Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's review

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 43616?s=20

Alex Collard grabbed a stoppage-time winner for AFC Rushden & Diamonds
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times