[ Sat 14th Sep ] v Royston Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 14th Sep ] v Royston Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Re: [ Sat 14th Sep ] v Royston Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Pre and Post Match Football on the TV in Bar - BT Sport

Liverpool v Newcastle United Premier League 12:30 BT Sport 1 / BT Sport Ultimate
Wrexham v Sutton United National League 17:20 BT Sport 1

liverpool_newcastle_1200x.jpg
liverpool_newcastle_1200x.jpg (800.73 KiB) Viewed 5048 times
wrexham_sutton_1200x.jpg
wrexham_sutton_1200x.jpg (568.87 KiB) Viewed 5048 times
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I was happy enough with the formation and personnel last week but still we do not turn that into goals. So any changes this week?

I don't think Dolman or Lorraine were 100% fit last week so wouldn't be surprised to see changes there. For me it should be a chance for Casey ahead of Jacko. If Mac Donald is not suffering from jetlag bring him straight back in. With another game on Monday we cant afford too many missing from the defence. I think we will do well to get a draw from this game which then makes the Hitchen game all that more crucial we pick up three points.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Note - The bar is back the other way around this week - Main Bar entry via the Burger Hut - the Oak Room will be used for hospitality/sponsors etc..
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Fair result that. We knew that Royston are a tough outfit and were always going to be tough to beat. Good display from the defence as usual and the rest of the team worked hard. Almost got the three points, when we all thought Dove's strike was in but it crashed against the post.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

A really enjoyable game I thought. We played really well and can count ourselves a little unfortunate not to have taken the three points, although a draw was probably fair.

I have missed the last two games but on today’s evidence the style of play seems to have improved and Ryan Dove looks a lot more comfortable than he did in pre-season / the early part of the season. Perhaps the goal at Redditch has settled him down.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

I think Dove has lost a few pounds and is getting more match fit - I thought he looked sharp today, as he did at Redditch (I missed last week).

We all see games differently, I thought that was 2 points dropped - great competitive match, but with the chances we had we should have won - but a greatly entertaining match.

Not sure why Macdonald wasn’t thrown into he fray rather than Bowen who offered more of the same, we needed something just a little different to unlock them - Dove was so unlucky with the rocket against the post.

On to Monday and Hitchin who drew 0-0 with Banbury today, so they’ll be no pushovers even with where they are in the table currently. We’re down to 6th tonight, 2 points off top spot!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's report (joint report with CorbyT).

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 89600?s=20
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

For the first 45 minutes I thought I was back in Enfield. Plenty of possession, some good passing, few clear cut chances and opposition always a threat on the break. The inevitable happened earlier than I expected which actually gave us more time to get back on level terms and very nearly sneak the winner.
I didn't see the St Ives game but the others at Hayden Road have been quite entertaining and eventful and this was no exception. probably a fair result but since when have I cared about fair results! How Doves shot did not go in I do not know and I really did think it was handball against Ashton.....so did the nice gentleman from Royston who let the lino know about it. If you were behind the dug outs or in the Chris Ruff Stand you will know who I mean. Apart from being amusing he showed himself up to be a right p***** .

I do hope Johnson is fit for Monday and that MacDonald can start with Dove and that we give Bully another 12 days to fully recover.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »