[ Sat 5th Oct ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 5th Oct ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Re: [ Sat 5th Oct ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

BT Sport showing in the Oak Room before the game

Brighton & Hove Albion v Tottenham Hotspur Premier League 12:30 BT Sport 1 / BT Sport Ultimate

brighton_spurs_1200x.jpg
brighton_spurs_1200x.jpg (904.34 KiB) Viewed 8063 times
Harrogate Town v Ebbsfleet United National League 17:20BT Sport 1

Harrogate_ebbsfleet_1200x700.jpg
Harrogate_ebbsfleet_1200x700.jpg (597.21 KiB) Viewed 8063 times
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's interview with Peaksy ahead of today's match.

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 5057619968

Jack Bowen shows his delight after he scored AFC Rushden & Diamonds' opening goal in the 3-2 win over Corby Town in the Southern League Challenge Cup on Tuesday night. Pictures courtesy of HawkinsImages
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

Absolute embarrassment from every single player and every member of the management team.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

It was a good spectacle up to the first sending off. I was less than 20 yards from it and thought the Bromsgrove player had taken Zack out. When I saw the red I was stunned. After that I was angry as hell for the rest of the game and walked out - didn't see the last 3 goals it was pointless.
This team was too young and naive to cope with the situation. The ref killed it as a contest.
The question is where do we go from here?
AFC R & D member number 34
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

I would like to see Peaks defend that one.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

It was a good contest up until the harsh red card and harsh is a understatement. Didn't look a lot in it and Reynolds was pulled back just before. The lone striker tore us apart in the first half and went on to take the piss in the second. Although Jack Ashton challenge also seemed harsh, he should have known better than to dive in on the halfway line when the teams a man light. The commitment of the players towards the end was the worst I've ever seen as it was clear they'd given up, letting in goal after goal. If I was peasky I'd gave been screaming at the players until the final whistle, but as usual, says nothing and will probably blame the ref. I think the loss of lamb probably hasn't helped, I'm sure that he was a great influence to have around. A couple of new faces have to be brought in quickly you'd imagine, players with experience and a proven record. Why can't we find a striker like bromsgroves today, who manages to score 4 as a lone striker? As well as peaksy has done, is it time for new ideas to be brought in? I'm not sure, but a performance like today cannot happen again! :mad:
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:55 pm It was a good contest up until the harsh red card and harsh is a understatement. Didn't look a lot in it and Reynolds was pulled back just before. The lone striker tore us apart in the first half and went on to take the piss in the second. Although Jack Ashton challenge also seemed harsh, he should have known better than to dive in on the halfway line when the teams a man light. The commitment of the players towards the end was the worst I've ever seen as it was clear they'd given up, letting in goal after goal. If I was peasky I'd gave been screaming at the players until the final whistle, but as usual, says nothing and will probably blame the ref. I think the loss of lamb probably hasn't helped, I'm sure that he was a great influence to have around. A couple of new faces have to be brought in quickly you'd imagine, players with experience and a proven record. Why can't we find a striker like bromsgroves today, who manages to score 4 as a lone striker? As well as peaksy has done, is it time for new ideas to be brought in? I'm not sure, but a performance like today cannot happen again! :mad:

Because we would get anywhere near his wages!
Diamond88

Post by Diamond88 »

Absolutely embarrassing the way we just gave up second half was laughable but obviously it will just be the refs fault as usual! Not a peep from our management unless it was to moan at the officials and please can we stop saying we can't afford to pay x amount for a striker we've just let a very well paid striker go so I'm sure we can manage to find another for a similar amount.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

Diamond88 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:35 pm Absolutely embarrassing the way we just gave up second half was laughable but obviously it will just be the refs fault as usual! Not a peep from our management unless it was to moan at the officials and please can we stop saying we can't afford to pay x amount for a striker we've just let a very well paid striker go so I'm sure we can manage to find another for a similar amount.
As you appear to be in the know, he much were we paying McDonald, and how does that compare to what other clubs in this league pay their strikers?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297