[ Sat 12th Oct ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
train
Has Liked: 2 times

Re: TODAY! [ Sat 12th Oct ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by train »

F knows why the first goal didn't stand, it should have, (could have been different story then) we don't seem to be getting the rub if the green, as soon as a conceded a goal, are heads drop, when they shouldn't, kick up the backside.

We need a striker.
train
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by train »

Just wanted to add, thought we matched Coalville until the 1st goal, then are heads dropped and we conceded a 2nd goal. Shouldn't be happening.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

No complaints from me. We got beaten by a more powerful, faster and better team on and off the pitch.
Barton is right though, with our run of fixtures it's difficult to see where we could pick up points from.
AFC R & D member number 34
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

Questions need to be asked. 4 coaches stood together until the 80th minute trying to figure out what to do whilst being 2-0 down at home... The 4 remaining games this month are absolutely massive for the club going forward.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Issue lies off the pitch not on it. Saw 11 players giving an honest account of themselves today. Dolman and Collard solid, Hicks debutising well, left winger from Northampton class, Dove making a real go at it.

Compare that to Peaks and his merry men going through the motions on the sideline. Distinct lack of any energy, urgency or tuition. No oversight over a disgraceful warm up with our keeper taking shots at our striker in goal and players coming on too late, having also not properly warmed up. Whole thing seemed amateurish. Time for a change. This group of players deserve better. The fans deserve better.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

As great a job peaksy has done with a smaller budget than most, some hard fought promotions and decent displays of the past, I think that now is time for a change. I'm not saying he's turned into a bad manager overnight, I just think new ideas are what's needed. Recruitment this season has obviously been tough and we could see that during pre-season with no real stand out players on trial. Look already mentioned, the loss of lamby has been big as he was obviously a big influence as a number two and possibly had better links to find new players. With this current crop I think we'll end up mid table at best, whereas we really should be pushing for a play off place. I did however, think it was time tor a change two years ago after the kidsgrove game in the trophy and he turned it round. But that was in a league below and with a few shrewd signings. If the current management are to turn things round, then it's got to happen pretty rapidly, but I can't see it happening without a dogged midfield player or a proven goalscorer.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Out of interest where’s Brady now ? Got a job?
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

diamondsteve wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:52 pm Out of interest where’s Brady now ? Got a job?
Academy manager at cobblers, very unlikely he will leave a full time job to come to us, hes more likely to get the cobblers managers job soon listening to their fans
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

We clearly need a change but it wont happen, some may think people are overreacting to a couple of defeats but the signs have been there for a long time. I've been fearing this for a while, attendances will start to drop, even less money for the budget, we loss more games, attendances drop further and we end up on a downward spiral

The club needs to be proactive, no-one wants the club to go mad and start throwing money about but a small increase in the budget is needed. I believe the management and sadly many of the players have now run their course with the club. Of the senior players only Collard, Reynolds, a fit Dolman, Brown, Acquaye, Hicks are at the standard we need, Dove and Slinn need to be given their chance still.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

sandringhamdiamond wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:09 pm
diamondsteve wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:52 pm Out of interest where’s Brady now ? Got a job?
Academy manager at cobblers, very unlikely he will leave a full time job to come to us, hes more likely to get the cobblers managers job soon listening to their fans
He could surely do Saturdays tho . And carry on at the cobblers