[ Sat 12th Oct ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: TODAY! [ Sat 12th Oct ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by corby diamond »

I walked out after the game today and said to my old man that I think peaks time is up.. like others have said there is no doubt he loves the club but for me there is no fight left, no desire to want to coach the team properly from the sidelines. If he spent more time communicating with the players than he does with the officials then there may be some spark.

For me he needs to change his approach, bringing on a sub after 75 mins will never change the game. Coalville dominated possession today and looked a cut above all afternoon.

Performances haven’t been great a few times this season, and some of the team look as if they don’t want to play.. there seems to be no motivation. Where the goals are going to come from who knows? But it starts from management and at the moment they don’t cut it for me..
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: [ Sat 12th Oct ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews

diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:00 pm I totally disagree with all this talk of replacing the manager. Peaksy will go if and when HE feels he has taken the club as far as he can. What he gives to the club, as Dave Albon says, is far more than a lot of people realise. It would be a real shame if he were not here to see his youngsters break into the first team over the next 18 months.

We all know that with Step 3 we have reached our limit. Before the season started all the talk was of consolidation...whats changed.? The summer signings (or lack of them) reflected the fact that we are still consolidating and have a limited budget. Step 2 is way out of our reach, you only have to look up the A6 to see the difference in Steps 3 and 2. Last season for all but the final 2 months we achieved way above our expectations.

As also has been said I believe we are only a strong midfielder and a striker short of being a top 10 team, flirting once again with the play off places.

On todays match I was very impressed with Roberts particularly in the first half and thought that Ben Farrell was near his old self again. Sadly Cooper
was disappointing. His kicking and distribution was poor and he lacks the athleticism of Heath.

For Tuesday hopefully Sam will be back and Hicks can revert to midfield. NGT contributed next to nothing so a chance for Akubuine to come back in.
Like someone said we need to be proactive. We are not in consolation form ,we are in relegation form . Cannot see if we will win a game before Xmas . When our defence is back in November we might have a chance at scoring again lol
Diamond88

Post by Diamond88 »

Utter garbage today I'm afraid except for a ten minute spell in the first half. As said previously what are the FOUR management people doing during the game except randomly scribbling on pieces of paper! Heath dropped after one bad game he's been excellent this season and hicks at right back when Casey is on the bench makes no sense to me either it was obvious we were second best in the second half but our management fail to see or do anything about it then it's with 10 minutes left and it seemed to make it worse if anything. I really do think it's time for change before we totally stagnate or even worse go backwards.
Pigman
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

davealbon wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:11 pm
diamondsteve wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:52 pm
sandringhamdiamond wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:09 pm

Academy manager at cobblers, very unlikely he will leave a full time job to come to us, hes more likely to get the cobblers managers job soon listening to their fans
He could surely do Saturdays tho . And carry on at the cobblers
You are massively underestimating the time and effort that Peaksy puts into this club. He regularly goes to watch our forthcoming opposition, and is at training twice a week, not to mention the academy team he runs as well.

I'm not saying he doesn't have his shortcomings as a first team manager at this level, but if/when he does go, we're very unlikely to find someone as invested in the club as him.
There may come a time the board need to make a difficult decision, but it’s not quite yet imo!

When the going gets tough you need to hold your nerve for a while and weather the storm - that’s best done if you all pull together! Heaping pressure on the manager and players right now isn’t going to help! Especially with so many young players in the team.

Am I happy with performances? No! Was I gutted we lost? Yes! Do I want better? Yes! Am I concerned? Yes!

A few weeks ago we drew away to the league leaders! I get everyone’s frustrations, of course I do, but we’re only 11 league games into the season - Peaksy has to be given the chance to turn this around, he’s earned that right!

I think you need to be careful what you wish for, I don’t want to see us react by impulse! He frustrates the hell out of me at times with tactics, team selections and most of all late late substitutions that are often too late to affect the game, but I also know how dedicated he is to the club and how hard he works!

We’ve some testing games coming up and things aren’t going to get any easier - but we’ve no divine right to win, we have to earn that right. We stand more chance of turning this around if we offer our support.

I know i’ll probably get shot down for this supportive stance, but if we haven’t seen a turn around by the start of December, then maybe i’ll start to think it’s time to freshen things up - but you’ve got to give the guy a chance to do that.

I can’t make the next two away games which are massive tests - I expect nothing from them, but I want to hear that the performances are good, I want to feel there are some green shoots appearing!

Get Reynolds and Brown back and our first choice defence and chop a bit of the dead wood from the squad and bring some fresh faces in! Give him the chance to shuffle the pack!

If that doesn’t work we have to recognise we are a results led business and changes are inevitable!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Pigman wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:28 am

Get Reynolds and Brown back and our first choice defence and chop a bit of the dead wood from the squad and bring some fresh faces in! Give him the chance to shuffle the pack!

If that doesn’t work we have to recognise we are a results led business and changes are inevitable!
[/quote]

I think one of the concerns with that one is, can he bring in any fresh faces that will make a difference? We didn't really see anyone during pre season that was any better than what we already have. I think there's three players in the squad who've run their cause, but we can't just offload as well be too light in numbers. As the recruitment has been average at best(and I could be biased as I'm related to one if them), I can't see the current management being able to improve things I'm afraid.
Pigman
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

You could be right, but he’s earned the chance to try !! I always expected this season to be tough, we just need to support the guy imo - heaping pressure on him won’t help.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

At this stage of the season there are now Step 2 players available that are not getting the game time they might have expected and will be looking for afresh start somewhere.
Although not Step 2, what chance Nabil Shariff ? There have been many changes at Stratford..new manager and six new players this week alone.

Like others I am looking for improved performances rather than results in our next three games, although a few points would be welcome.
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by real diamond »

It is true a couple of weeks ago we drew with the league leaders but we also drew with a poor Hitchin side in the same period.

If this goes on for much longer we will see a fall in attendance because who wants to come out in the wet and cold to see displays like we have had recently.

This decline has been over a 6 month period not the last two games.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

Just think last few games stuff has gone which you cant account for regardless of selection or some of the staffs tactics!! Brown's back pass at hitchin,shambolic defending as a team vs bromsgrove, & yesterday og/keepers error etc etc

But it happens at every level. I'm not saying i agree with all the management decisions of selection or tactics either as we all have our own opinions!

I just think where we are now is where we will be for a while,we cant compete financially with 80% of the teams in our league & most of our local teams K*ttering, bedford,corby,brackley all pay more than we do. It seems were looking for players below our level which then your always looking for a gem or someone to be punching above thier ability. Dont get me wrong I was frustrated yesterday at 1 nil down & we didnt make a sub & Dovey looking isolated up top on his own,but without sounding disrespectful (as I'm not) you look to bench & weve players thier who again have had games and the majority of us have said ain't good enough or currently performing so I guess its frustrating for all !!! The trouble is we've always relied on a solid back 4/5 to keep us in the mix! But having 2 or 3 of your defense unavailable,suspended or just going through a sticky patch it kills ya as we're now finding out,and I honestly believe we've over achieved last few seasons. Trouble is we've never had anyone in & around this level for when you do have a 20min spell & you need to nick goal will grab a goal from 1 or 2 chances which changes games!

But regardless of who's in the hot seat they've a massive job on thier hands to keep us all entertained,happy & work with a tight budget compared to 80% of our opponents. Like I say just my opinion,I get the hump too & dont agree with all the decisions,but remember loads of us including me saying wed be happy with mid table for a few years......... bloody football