2010 so far...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 87 times
Been Liked: 15 times

2010 so far...

Post by Rushdenjim »

LWDWWWWLDWWWDDWWDDW

Thats 11 Wins
6 Draws
2 Loses

Have we ever had that go of a start to a calander year before? No wonder we are in the play-offs with that form 8-)
Steve

Re: 2010 so far...

Post by Steve »

I was looking at this earlier too, and i just thought to myself - WOW :D

Incredible run of form. So proud to be a Diamond right now, makes sticking with the club and watching the shit under Hill - 0~0 at home with Droylsden for example, worthwile
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

If you take out the Workington game and just look at BSP games its even better. I wonder how we compare to Stevenage and the other play off teams.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 106 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

sussexdiamond wrote:If you take out the Workington game and just look at BSP games its even better. I wonder how we compare to Stevenage and the other play off teams.
(All Since 2nd Jan)

Luton - LWWLWWWDLLDWWWWWWWWWD

W-14 D-3 L-4

Poxford -LWWWDLWWLWDLDDDWLLWW

W-9 D-5 L-6

York City - WWDWLDLLLLDWWDWWWL

W-8 D-4 L-6

Might not be 100% correct though.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Steve

Post by Steve »

Another thing to consider is that Workington seem to be like us since the start of the year, but in the BSN obviously. Think they have only lost twice, and beat us and Wimbledon in the trophy, so losing to them at their place is not a bad loss IMO.
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

Also it got us out of the trophy - with how knackered our players are now imagine how bad it would have been with more games, especially if we got to the two legged semi-finals. Would have made making the playoffs a lot more difficult, and I'd definately take the playoffs over a trophy trip to wembley.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Jemfy wrote:Also it got us out of the trophy - with how knackered our players are now imagine how bad it would have been with more games, especially if we got to the two legged semi-finals. Would have made making the playoffs a lot more difficult, and I'd definately take the playoffs over a trophy trip to wembley.
Same. Think I said it at the time, I'd rather get playoffs than get to the trophy final. Ok, it would be nice to win, but the rewards we can aim for put us in good stead, even if we don't achieve the dream, reaching the playoffs in itself is a fantastic experience for the players.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Mad Dog wrote:
Jemfy wrote:Also it got us out of the trophy - with how knackered our players are now imagine how bad it would have been with more games, especially if we got to the two legged semi-finals. Would have made making the playoffs a lot more difficult, and I'd definately take the playoffs over a trophy trip to wembley.
Same. Think I said it at the time, I'd rather get playoffs than get to the trophy final. Ok, it would be nice to win, but the rewards we can aim for put us in good stead, even if we don't achieve the dream, reaching the playoffs in itself is a fantastic experience for the players.
Yeah it was said at the time, by me and others, that we shouldn't have gone out of the trophy, but as we had, we should be aiming for the play offs. Didnt think we'd do it with 3 games to spare though :D