[ Sat 25th Jan ] v Nuneaton Borough, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: [ Sat 25th Jan ] v Nuneaton Borough, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by rossco »

Segregation and a pat down search on entry, have they forgotten what league they're in now? Segregation lifted but still no access to the bar for away fans so still segregated... and as above food was awful. But on the pitch we did the job, everyone put a shift in and we should have won by more really. Love a late winner away though so not complaining!! Roll on tuesday and keep this run going!
Harry Flashman

Post by Harry Flashman »

What a horrible game of football to watch and then glorious last few minutes with a superbly taken penalty by Ben. He was really cool there.
The standard of the Referee was again appalling today with just a constant succession of petty decisions and delay after delay. His time keeping also left us all waiting for that whistle. Moan over.
Nuneaton were a very disappointing side with little real ambition to go forward and some silly cheating going on. Their fans ( we were not in position to ask them ) must be frustrated.
Our lads were not at their most fluent but they worked their socks off and sometimes it’s important to be able win ugly. These points could prove crucial as we will no doubt face some big challenges next month. I never stand behind the goal at home but enjoyed the atmosphere created by our choir today. Well done players and fans.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

We were really dominant and fully deserved the win. The whole team put in a great effort, and deserved the bit of fortune with the penalty decision. The referee didn’t do himself any favours with his time management - kicking off five minutes late, then the added time in the first half meant the second half didn’t start until 4:10 - so with the four / five minutes of added time it was almost 5pm when we finished. The hosts seemed to be happy to take away fans money with their inflated prices, yet overstewarded the game and couldn’t even provide a hand dryer / towels in the toilet.
train
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by train »

What an excellent win. Fully deserved, full credit to the lads, :biggrin:

The segregation was very bizzare, lifted the segregation early on, but didn't let people through the segregation area, (even through the segregation was lifted early on. Very very bizarre indeed.

What a excellent win, ace/excellent 3 points, a late winner is always better.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Quite some team we've managed to assemble here. It was only 3 months ago that we were all despairing as to where this season was heading. The turnaround since has been remarkable and team spirit seems sky high at the moment.

Make no mistake, we were much the better side today. I couldn't believe how bad Nuneaton were. As with other recent results it would have been a travesty if we hadn't taken the 3 points, and scoring late goals is becoming a nice habit.

Great support today and I actually think having all fans in one location helped the atmosphere considerably. It was like a throwback to days gone by.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
StaceyH
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by StaceyH »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:18 pm Great support today and I actually think having all fans in one location helped the atmosphere considerably. It was like a throwback to days gone by.
Absolutely agree BR - I’ve no idea what the segregation was all about but it worked in our favour (and no doubt the rugby club next door are happy too!) as we created the best atmosphere we’ve seen and heard all season.
Let’s do it again on Tuesday night, loved it today!
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Where on earth did the ref find so much additional time on top of the 5 mins.? That was a very nervy time as to have given the game away at that time would have been really sickening.
That was one of the best away displays I have seen from Diamonds and anything other than a win would have been a travesty. Usually the NLP reports tend to see the game from the home perspective as it is their guy who does the report but yesterdays report was genuinely fair and objective.
Usually I buy a programme and raffle tickets but on this occasion I did not spend a penny in the ground (well yes I did,at my age you have to)
I didn't even pay for the car park charge as there was plenty of space on the road outside when I arrived. The steward we encountered was a right jobsworth. Otherwise a great day.