Line up for first game

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Line up for first game

Post by sussexdiamond »

The keeper has to be Snedker, Garwood, Collard, Dolman, Warburton. Upfront I would like to see Smith and Jones form a partnership. Of midfield it is much more difficult, I think Slinn and Diamond are certs but the other two are anybodies guess Dias, Dummett, Tshikuna, FBT, NGT, Akubine, Gyasi,
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Re: Line up for first game

Post by Ricky330 »

Agree with keeper & back 4. Diaz to start with FBT. Jesse on right, Joel on left(not his favourite position, but our best option as we don't have a definite left sided attacker), Diamond behind Smith (guessing no Tom at mo due to new arrival)
TwinkleToesTomlin
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Fairly straightforward for me (Casey or Hughes to come in if Bully’s still struggling)…

Snedker
Garwood Collard Dolman Warburton
Dias Bell-Toxtle Akubuine
Gyasi Smith Diamond
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

'Keeper and the back four picks itself if everyone is fit. If Dolman is out then I'd expect Patrick Casey to replace him on the strength of his performances last season.

Midfield looks like a bit of a problem to me. I don't think we've got enough wide options personally and in the middle I think you'd have to go for a 3 because I think Slinn will need to play in a deep role for our tough early fixtures. Probably Akubuine and Dias ahead of him for my money but I haven't seen enough of Dummett to make an informed opinion on him.

Up top if it's 1 I'd expect it to be either Smith or Lorraine. If it's 2 then Diamond alongside one or the other. I would be surprised if Jones was considered for a start despite his excellent pre-season form.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:47 am Fairly straightforward for me (Casey or Hughes to come in if Bully’s still struggling)…

...............Snedker

Garwood Collard Dolman Warburton

Bell-Toxtle.......Dias..... Akubuine

..................Diamond
..........Gyasi ..........Smith
I'd select the same group of players, just with Diamond playing in a diamond formation, in the centre just behind the front two
AFC R & D member number 34
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

Snedker, Garwood, Collard, Bully, Warburton, Dias, Dummett, Akubuine, Diamond, Jones, Smith. 4-3-1-2.
Therushden97
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Therushden97 »

YoungDiamond wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:50 pm Snedker, Garwood, Collard, Bully, Warburton, Dias, Dummett, Akubuine, Diamond, Jones, Smith. 4-3-1-2.
I would personally sell will jones and bring back scott Joseph we haven’t been the same team since he left.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Therushden97 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:01 pm
YoungDiamond wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:50 pm Snedker, Garwood, Collard, Bully, Warburton, Dias, Dummett, Akubuine, Diamond, Jones, Smith. 4-3-1-2.
I would personally sell will jones and bring back scott Joseph we haven’t been the same team since he left.
Good to know someone has a sense of humour
Therushden97
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Therushden97 »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:12 pm
Therushden97 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:01 pm
Good to know someone has a sense of humour
I wasn’t trying to be funny been missing his presence ever since he left?