[ Tue 17th Aug ] v Banbury Utd, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Re: [ Tue 17th Aug ] v Banbury Utd, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Ricky330 »

Awful . No left sided attacker. Diamond wasted. Smith on own a waste of time. Right back caught out far too often. System didn't work. No change? Early days I know but sheez!!!!!
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Trying to be positive about the game but finding it hard to. As soon as Slinny took up his position in Bully's face, and we surrendered the midfield, this game was lost.The goalie was head and shoulders above everyone else in quality, and I just hope FBT is back soon.
Saturday could be embarrassing.
AFC R & D member number 34
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

But for our keeper, I think it could have been embarrassing tonight. We will struggle to keep him if we play like that
Last edited by Ricky330 on Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by real diamond »

Well that was a tough watch!

First half was instantly forgettable. The 2nd half we grew into the game but we were absolutely toothless in attack and never looked like scoring.

Goalkeeper was super all night, it’s going to be a busy few weeks for him I would imagine with a tough run of games ahead.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

1st game and back to hit and hope. We got better once changes were made. But we must keep the ball !

Frightening how the opposition just need two passes right through our team to get a shot on!

To light weight in many areas

Full backs need to speed up in both defending and attacking. Neither one overlapped tonight
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

How not to start the season. Carried on from where we left off in our last competitive game against Peterborough Sports.

Impossible to understate how bad that first half performance was. We couldn't string two passes together and a few of our lads were stinking the place out. 2 looked like they were half asleep.

An improvement during the second half, but it couldn't really have got any worse. Tshikuna and Lorraine livened things up when they came on but I thought those subs should have been made earlier.

Didn't think Banbury were any great shakes but they didn't need to be. If it wasn't for Snedker in goal, who seemed totally crestfallen in the post match interview, it could have been a major embarrassment.

Coalville next. It'll be damage limitation on that evidence.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

So disappointing after waiting so long for a game. Too many just not at the races, yet we know what they are capable of and I expect a dramatic improvement on Saturday. Will Jones must start, he is a man now and does not need to be wrapped in cotton wool. Midfield just to lightweight. I haven't seen Dommett play but on pre season reports he has to be considered. Just hope the great crowd will return. We face potentially our two toughest home games of the season in the next fortnight.
judster62

Post by judster62 »

I'd expect Tom Lorraine to lead the line in what will be a physical contest. He gives a good focal point and presence in the box and runs the channels really well when we need to break out. Will Jones is an ideal impact sub at this stage but with 30 minutes maybe against tiring defenders.

Dummett raided forward well from midfield when I saw him if he wants to change up the central three. And Tshikuna was always really positive if wants to play him with Tom Lorraine and Ben Diamond up front.

Andy Peaks will have the best handle of fitness and readiness to play of all the players and will definitely be looking for a reaction.
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

A positive was the attendance (which then turned out to be wrong) but the atmosphere was flat, maybe to do with what was happening on the pitch.

Formation didn't suit the personal and a lot of players way off it in terms of match sharpness. Thought Jess and Joel were ok, Keeper was outstanding and will no doubt be a very key player this season. Watching the post match interview didn't feel me with much confidence, its easy to say it wasn't good enough and just blame the players for not performing but many saw this coming. Banbury are a good side but they didn't even get out of first gear which is the most disappointing.
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's post match report, speaking with Andy Peaks