[ Sat 4th Sep ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm FAC1Q AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: [ Sat 4th Sep ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm FAC1Q AWAY

Post by StaceyH »

I heard more encouragement from the bench than I did from our supporters today….
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

One of the worst defensive displays I've seen from us in a long time. Coalville were literally passing around the box until the opening to put it in the goal was presented. Looked promising from us early on and should of taken the lead in the first minute and after going a goal down from that attack, we did well to then draw level but massively let ourselves down after that. Next few games are massive for the under pressure management and if we can't pick up points from the next four matches, it may be time to look for a new man at the helm because at the moment the team is heading in the wrong direction
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV

Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham’s summary report including AFCRD

diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Well I’ve noticed it this season not sure some have though with their rose tinted glasses on .Sneds absolute class but defence has been the worst I’ve ever seen . We had better in UCL prem. So many times this season opposition have only needed two passes through our entire squad in on goal . Tough times
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

THIS IS NOT A P!SSING CONTEST FFS.
Our 2 full backs got roasted today, 4 of the goals were identical. Ultimately AP picks the team so it's no good him complaining about it. We've lost 4 out of 5 games and the team set up is the common factor IMO. We had what 3 X 18 year olds out there and it's going to affect their confidence if this continues. Even Jones was complaining about the lack of bodies getting into the box, when he had got in a good position. Ok, we did carve out some good chances but Coalville were bigger, stronger, faster and had more quality.
Answers need to be found.
Edit. Does that FA rule of no alcohol in view of the pitch still stand? If so it wasn't in force today.
AFC R & D member number 34
Beezus Fafoon
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Beezus Fafoon »

I don’t think we’ve ever been as good as when we had Scott Joseph up top. Top baller.
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

Diamondsforever wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:10 pm I heard more encouragement from the bench than I did from our supporters today….

4 years ago we would have easily taken 200-300 fans to this game, don't think there was even 50 there today, the crowd on Monday was also low for a bank holiday game (although the club didn't even advertise the game on the clubs Facebook page) - Don't think we can just use Covid as an excuse for attendances being low now, the majority of fans feel the club is stagnating and massively needs a freshen up, but anyone who suggests this is then shot down for being negative, not looking at the bigger picture etc etc. Once the winter months are here I can see us getting a sub 200 attendance on a Tuesday night, unthinkable a few seasons back. The club needs to take this very seriously and act or risk undoing all the good work over the last few years
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

Although I didn’t make it today I was following very closely on Twitter updates.. thanks for the updates much appreciated, however not the result I wanted to see..

The thing is for me I love the fa cup. I think having a good cup run is vital in terms of funds. The cup run that ended at Dover was unbelievable and I’ll never forget the roar when Alfie not only scored the winner against Cambridge, but just before half time equalised at Dover. How I miss that and each year since apart from concord rangers which I missed, the cup runs have ended before they’ve barely begun.

A real tough start to the season and this is worrying stuff.. I read a comment earlier off Twitter to “keep the faith”.. easier said than done when the last few games (slightly better opposition however) the lads haven’t done much to show that this is going to be a comfortable mid table finish.
I mentioned to my dad at the sports game that the attendance was lower than I expected, and against Coalville last week below 400 was abysmal really..

Only hope that they can start pulling their socks up and start collecting some points, otherwise it will be a long season indeed.
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

sandringhamdiamond wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:15 pm
Diamondsforever wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:10 pm I heard more encouragement from the bench than I did from our supporters today….

4 years ago we would have easily taken 200-300 fans to this game, don't think there was even 50 there today, the crowd on Monday was also low for a bank holiday game (although the club didn't even advertise the game on the clubs Facebook page) - Don't think we can just use Covid as an excuse for attendances being low now, the majority of fans feel the club is stagnating and massively needs a freshen up, but anyone who suggests this is then shot down for being negative, not looking at the bigger picture etc etc. Once the winter months are here I can see us getting a sub 200 attendance on a Tuesday night, unthinkable a few seasons back. The club needs to take this very seriously and act or risk undoing all the good work over the last few years
Agree with everything here .