[ Sat 4th Sep ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm FAC1Q AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: [ Sat 4th Sep ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm FAC1Q AWAY

Post by bozzer »

diamondsteve wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:20 pm
sandringhamdiamond wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:15 pm
Diamondsforever wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:10 pm I heard more encouragement from the bench than I did from our supporters today….

4 years ago we would have easily taken 200-300 fans to this game, don't think there was even 50 there today, the crowd on Monday was also low for a bank holiday game (although the club didn't even advertise the game on the clubs Facebook page) - Don't think we can just use Covid as an excuse for attendances being low now, the majority of fans feel the club is stagnating and massively needs a freshen up, but anyone who suggests this is then shot down for being negative, not looking at the bigger picture etc etc. Once the winter months are here I can see us getting a sub 200 attendance on a Tuesday night, unthinkable a few seasons back. The club needs to take this very seriously and act or risk undoing all the good work over the last few years
Agree with everything here .
Some great points here, to me it’s important that we all see this as our problem to solve not just the club, we are the club and if the club aren’t doing enough then step forward to help our club, even if it’s ideas to improve attendance, help organise the food, advise the board, come on the board. I know Sandringham is already helping.
This is a time when everyone needs to do a bit.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

bozzer wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:57 am Some great points here, to me it’s important that we all see this as our problem to solve not just the club, we are the club and if the club aren’t doing enough then step forward to help our club, even if it’s ideas to improve attendance, help organise the food, advise the board, come on the board. I know Sandringham is already helping.
These things are also worth bearing in mind. I use the recent goings on at Islip with the use of the cricket field by our youth set up. The whole of Thrapston Cricket Club have come to resent the club and the way it's conducted itself.

Now Mr Maxwell can come on here and tell me to take it up with the Parish Council but my point still stands, the CLUB (with a helping hand from Mr Maxwell) have pissed off an entire other sporting club by taking over the use of a facility they have used long before AFCRR&D U21s was even a thing. A cricket club with a large youth and family membership, exactly the kind of local people we should be looking to attract down to Hayden Rd on a match day.

In order to engage with more people and potential fans stuff like this needs to be addressed at board level.

A few points from the my recent visit against Peterborough Sports. I quite like the idea of having different a different food van each game. Perhaps each week we could advertise the food on offer so people aren't so suprised when they turn up.

Also why have the bars been swapped round? The large bar was much better suited for supporters with the smaller one near the Burger Monster better used for the board and visiting board.
nsman

Post by nsman »

Watched the game unfold in horror yesterday. Time and again, our full backs were mostly AWOL upfield leaving our two (let's be honest) fairly immobile centre backs exposed to channel runs from very good opposition strikers. At no point in the entire game did our coaching team manage to get the full backs to stay in position in our half. Bear in mind that we were playing 5 midfielders and one striker so there was really no need for the full backs to go over the half way line so much. Was this a tactics/coaching failure or are these full backs that bad? Either way its not looking good for the next few games unless we get back to defensive basics.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

nsman wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:10 am Watched the game unfold in horror yesterday. Time and again, our full backs were mostly AWOL upfield leaving our two (let's be honest) fairly immobile centre backs exposed to channel runs from very good opposition strikers. At no point in the entire game did our coaching team manage to get the full backs to stay in position in our half. Bear in mind that we were playing 5 midfielders and one striker so there was really no need for the full backs to go over the half way line so much. Was this a tactics/coaching failure or are these full backs that bad? Either way its not looking good for the next few games unless we get back to defensive basics.
Not sure why Casey was dropped for garwood, maybe because he's a natural right back but he played well on Monday and deserved to keep his place. Also collard has to come back in as well. Finding a decent left back is a lot harder and we obviously haven't been able to replace Brown and what he's qualities brought to the team. Also agree that it's time for sling to be be dropped, he's been pretty dreadful and I would imagine that dias will come in for him soon.
richardmax
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by richardmax »

Dowlo wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:43 am
bozzer wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:57 am Some great points here, to me it’s important that we all see this as our problem to solve not just the club, we are the club and if the club aren’t doing enough then step forward to help our club, even if it’s ideas to improve attendance, help organise the food, advise the board, come on the board. I know Sandringham is already helping.
These things are also worth bearing in mind. I use the recent goings on at Islip with the use of the cricket field by our youth set up. The whole of Thrapston Cricket Club have come to resent the club and the way it's conducted itself.

Now Mr Maxwell can come on here and tell me to take it up with the Parish Council but my point still stands, the CLUB (with a helping hand from Mr Maxwell) have pissed off an entire other sporting club by taking over the use of a facility they have used long before AFCRR&D U21s was even a thing. A cricket club with a large youth and family membership, exactly the kind of local people we should be looking to attract down to Hayden Rd on a match day.

In order to engage with more people and potential fans stuff like this needs to be addressed at board level.

A few points from the my recent visit against Peterborough Sports. I quite like the idea of having different a different food van each game. Perhaps each week we could advertise the food on offer so people aren't so suprised when they turn up.

Also why have the bars been swapped round? The large bar was much better suited for supporters with the smaller one near the Burger Monster better used for the board and visiting board.
Please raise your complaints regarding the conduct of youth teams, the Club, members of the board, playing staff or volunteers to Ralph Burditt (Club Chairman), or Clerk of Islip Parish Council.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Dowlo wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:43 am Also why have the bars been swapped round? The large bar was much better suited for supporters with the smaller one near the Burger Monster better used for the board and visiting board.
The bars in the Clubhouse are now run exclusively by Rushden & Higham United.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Brackley away for Coalville in the next round.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

richardmax wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:19 pm

Please raise your complaints regarding the conduct of youth teams, the Club, members of the board, playing staff or volunteers to Ralph Burditt (Club Chairman), or Clerk of Islip Parish Council.
I will raise it with our board. I won't waste my time going to Islip council, as I know you have your own family member sat on the council. Who for some reason has it in for the cricket club!
richardmax
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by richardmax »

Dowlo wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:38 pm
richardmax wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:19 pm

I will raise it with our board. I won't waste my time going to Islip council, as I know you have your own family member sat on the council. Who for some reason has it in for the cricket club!
Rest assured, Ralph will lead a full investigation in to all your allegations of the inappropriate conduct of youth teams, the Club, members of the board, playing staff and/or volunteers.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

nsman wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:10 am Watched the game unfold in horror yesterday. Time and again, our full backs were mostly AWOL upfield leaving our two (let's be honest) fairly immobile centre backs exposed to channel runs from very good opposition strikers. At no point in the entire game did our coaching team manage to get the full backs to stay in position in our half. Bear in mind that we were playing 5 midfielders and one striker so there was really no need for the full backs to go over the half way line so much. Was this a tactics/coaching failure or are these full backs that bad? Either way its not looking good for the next few games unless we get back to defensive basics.
I didn’t go to any of the pre season games, and I hate to be negative, Garwood apparently impressed during pre season, but the games I’ve been to I’ve failed to see anything to back that up.

Where on earth is Jacko? IMO he’s a player we massively miss, along with Sam.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73