[ Sat 16th Oct ] v Alvechurch, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: [ Sat 16th Oct ] v Alvechurch, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by corby diamond »

Although I was away for the Coalville fa cup fixture, I believe it was that game the discussions became more serious and it was said let’s give it a few more games then make a decision. I don’t believe for one second apart from a change in team in the last 3 games or so that anything has improved.

The match day experience just isn’t the same anymore, we have to resort to a flapjack and a coke pre match and on the pitch is pretty dire stuff. Let’s face it, the team was poor today, no real threat going forward, you have a management team resorting to questioning the linesman why alvechurch were taking a couple of steps more forward on a throw in when every team including our own does it and the play is becoming so predictable. Subs once again made too late after the damage was done.

I suppose im going to hear let’s settle for mid table and that’s where we should be.. granted yes however the attendance is declining fast and the core base are getting antsy..

What was embarrassing today was the incident at the end with will jones and the goalkeeper which was shameful. Will saw he was on the floor and had no right to even go near him but clearly tried to antagonise looking at the direction his leg and knee went. People around me was wondering why he was booked.. was it just me who thought he was lucky to escape a yellow.

I want to be positive but I just want to come away seeing a win that I can actually say it was worth attending.
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

Couldn't make it today. However, I couldn't agree with those who were saying that Tuesday was a good and entertaining game. To me it was a laboured performance when we didn't show the urgency or desire that was needed. Sounds like it was a repeat today?
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

corby diamond wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:16 pm I suppose im going to hear let’s settle for mid table and that’s where we should be.. granted yes however the attendance is declining fast and the core base are getting antsy..
Some say we should settle for relegation lol. They don’t realise we would be down to 100 fans on a Saturday towards the end of the season . And that’s not viable
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

rossco wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:51 pm With boring football to watch and no food available attendances are going to just keep dropping.
What is the actual truth with the kitchen? I mean we’ve had about 8 months close season to get a new fryer and fridge. Burger monster was rammed most match days .
Most profit is made from hot drinks so why not just have one person serving that? I know we have dales bar but at least have two options rather that walking the whole pitch
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Something needs to change, the performances this season haven’t been good enough, let’s be honest. We’ve had two lucky wins.

When you look at the players we had, Zack Reynolds, Sam Brown, Ben Acquaye, Ben Farrell, Nathan Hicks, we’ve lost some quality players. Yes I know they probably get more money elsewhere, and in Farrell’s case moved to be closer to his work.

Not sure what’s going on with Joel as he hasn’t featured in the last couple of games. Like others have said Unless performances pick up, attendances will continue to decline. How much longer before we see less than 200 at a Saturday game? Not long on our current form.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham speaks to Andy Peaks

Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Northants Telegraph report. Andy Peaks "we restricted them to 3 chances so we defended okay" ?? Obviously not as they scored 2 of the 3 chances!
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Match Highlights (and interviews) from yesterday, courtesy of AFCRDTV

Their 1st Goal is the curse of the keeper getting player of the month before the match I think...
Diamond88

Post by Diamond88 »

Peaksy saying we looked fatigued yet didn't make any early changes?! How any of the midfield played the full 90 was a mystery. We just look so slow and cumbersome in midfield its become embarrassing I really think we are at a defining moment in the season because we can't continue playing so predictable and laboured because in the next couple of weeks we could quite easily be in the bottom 3
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

awfull performance all round,we got beat by a bang average team,we got absolutely tonked down the left side,just look at the highlights,,,MOM ,,,who chose that,Roy Orbison !! midfield was slow,no bite,couldnt put two passes together,,,,,why oh why do we keep pumping the long ball,poor old tom,its a wonder he hasnt got a kneck like a giraffe!! ravi wasnt in the game,Ben Diamond playing out of position,,,,,,bully and alex were just smacking the ball forward when they could have controlled it and passed,,,,,for me we played well towards the end of the game ,warbs back in at left back gave us a bit of spark,snedders did well(could you imagine our season so far without him :shock: :shock: ) i also thought connor was lively,,,will jones needs to calm down and learn off the older players,,a few games back,,bully asked him to do something, and will gave him a mouthfull of swear words...
change needs to happen ASAP
BULLY FOR MANAGER ANYONE(as hes always injured now),ps missed my first home game,since wwe reformed,,,,,reason why ,,,,i couldnt be arsed,,,ALARM BELLS RINGING !!!!!!!!

see you up the road on tuesday :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54