[ Tue 19th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Tue 19th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

Unbelievable!! Feel for the lads & management tonight. Keeper mom & get done by a smash & grab. Football has a habit of kicking you in the ******** when your down! Boys had a right go 2nd half
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

gibston wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:50 pm Unbelievable!! Feel for the lads & management tonight. Keeper mom & get done by a smash & grab. Football has a habit of kicking you in the ******** when your down! Boys had a right go 2nd half
You could look at it like that, but we had enough chances to win that and should have put at least two of them away. Barwell were the weakest opponents to visit us this season and we've lost to them. 1 point from three home games is just not good enough. Against teams in and around us as well. One of our better players has already jumped ship and like already mentioned on here, I can't see snedker sticking around much longer either. This is probably the darkest time in the club, with the attendances starting to drop, performances pretty dire and not much sign of it changing. Worrying times :shock:
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

We just needed the ‘rub of the green’.

The weather again made a poor game , with also poor quality from both sides. Strangely I enjoyed the game though….

Then……………………. it happened.

Correct me if am wrong but was that their first attempt? Let alone first shot On?

Barwell were very poor. We are poorer. No point hiding from it . Also no point keeping the rose tinted glasses on still .

Yes they was very lucky, but we should of beaten them easily if we had the quality .
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

If your in the ascendancy as we were 2nd half why make like for like changes???? Surely if you make a change it has to be positive??It was crying out to put Jones on with Tom!! Tom clearly not happy with the change either as he sat on his own in the rain! This maybe unpopular, but it's time to relieve Mr Peaks from his duties IMO.
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by real diamond »

I see the Banbury keeper has dislocated his elbow this evening and is out for the season (source: Facebook) …. I wonder who they will replace him with 🤔

Time for change, I respect everything Peaks has done to this point but I think it’s time to step aside before this club goes any further backwards both on and off the pitch.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Ricky330 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:22 pm If your in the ascendancy as we were 2nd half why make like for like changes???? Surely if you make a change it has to be positive??It was crying out to put Jones on with Tom!! Tom clearly not happy with the change either as he sat on his own in the rain! This maybe unpopular, but it's time to relieve Mr Peaks from his duties IMO.
Don't think it's an unpopular opinion. I think you may be in the majority and gaining agreement with each game. It's going to take his biggest turn around since being at the club. After tonight im now in the opinion that he has taken the team as far as he can. Done a great job with less resources than most, but it's going to come to an end at some point. We are 1 point outside the relegation zone after 12 games and I think it's now time for new ideas.
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

Interviews up . Was Peaks being serious when he said he wants us to cheer a goal in on Saturday, that bad loooool.
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

real diamond wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:30 pm I see the Banbury keeper has dislocated his elbow this evening and is out for the season (source: Facebook) …. I wonder who they will replace him with 🤔

Time for change, I respect everything Peaks has done to this point but I think it’s time to step aside before this club goes any further backwards both on and off the pitch.
If it’s Sneds then you might aswell hand them it
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

Ricky330 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:22 pm ! This maybe unpopular, but it's time to relieve Mr Peaks from his duties IMO.
Not an unpopular opinion at all!!

If it was up to me I would give it to Bully and Tom, I think they would do a great job as joint care-taker managers, and if they do well give them until the end of the season.