[ Tue 19th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Re: [ Tue 19th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by fentiger79 »

Significant part of our fan base or any non league club are the elderly and I’m not being ageist by saying most do t have a card or use technology very well but I know quite a few who only like using cash.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's report
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

fentiger79 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:52 pm Significant part of our fan base or any non league club are the elderly and I’m not being ageist by saying most do t have a card or use technology very well but I know quite a few who only like using cash.
As one of those elderly I agree with all you said in your lengthy post and whilst I am happy with cashless many are not. A big concern to me is where have all the volunteers gone since covid. What happened to Tim the programme seller for one. The 3 for 2 is good but we need some imaginative promotions to attract back the lost fans plus of course a winning team. I believe Dulwich.even let fans in for free!!
Last edited by sussexdiamond on Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

We were talking about where all the volunteers had gone during half time on Tuesday. I don’t know what has happened, there may be very genuine reasons but if there has been any issues I hope this can be sorted between the club and individuals to entice them back as they do a bloody good job and boy do we need them.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

fentiger79 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:02 pm Not going to pretend to be happy with what’s happening at the moment but I think we are getting a bit carried away at the moment. Take one of our big chances on Saturday and last night and we could be sitting here with an extra 6 points just outside the play offs. A lot of talk that Peaksy needs to go or doesn’t know what needs doing, I’m pretty certain he knows exactly what needs changing and is doing everything to make it better. If anyone can tell me where we can get a prolific striker plus a few other excellent players all for next to nothing then I will totally agree with everything you say. We have to build with what we have or can do. Or we ditch the fan ownership and look for someone to put money in. I personally believe we need to focus equally on off the field situations like the food issue getting sorted. Back to simple burgers and hotdogs will be a start. Cash back on the turnstiles is a must and whatever has caused volunteers to walk away needs to be addressed and welcome them back. I have no doubt that as we all go about putting our views on this forum Peaksy is searching everywhere to find players to improve us and be more competitive. Take a look at the league, Peterborough Sports, Coalville and Banbury appear you be the stand out teams, Tamworth, Royston, Hednesford, Bromsgrove, Rushall, Stratford are all decent so it just shows how hard it is to get even 10th place. Do I want 10th place, of course not but I enjoy thoroughly when we beat the bigger spending teams and get amongst them. I’m sure it’s a blip, let’s see where we are in January. Can we also have another pay what you want match to generate some interest and boost attendances.
A prolific striker on his own will not score goals in our current playing style. The system needs to change with 2 up front(Tom, Will, Nathan, Ben D??)supported by pace from the wings which we have in Ravi, Connor & Joel. (By the way, anyone know what's happened to Joel??) The reason I suggested (IMO) that management change might be needed is that our current set up seem reluctant to even consider a system change even when it is crying out for it during the game, let alone start with it!
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

It’s a fair opinion. Not a big fan of the one up front either. Totally understand why we play it sometimes but agree that it could have been changed during matches.
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

fentiger79 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:02 pm Not going to pretend to be happy with what’s happening at the moment but I think we are getting a bit carried away at the moment. Take one of our big chances on Saturday and last night and we could be sitting here with an extra 6 points just outside the play offs. A lot of talk that Peaksy needs to go or doesn’t know what needs doing, I’m pretty certain he knows exactly what needs changing and is doing everything to make it better. If anyone can tell me where we can get a prolific striker plus a few other excellent players all for next to nothing then I will totally agree with everything you say.
Even if we did take one of those chances it would just be papering over the cracks, one example is the win against Hitchin, we were sooo lucky to win that game, individually we looked better than them but overall, they were a much better footballing team than us and they are bottom of the league!! We can’t keep relying on late set piece goals as we are just going backwards. Tbh I quiet like this squad of players, yes a few additions would be nice but I do believe with a freshen up of the management we can get an extra 20-30% out of this squad with better coaching. I don't think the players are really playing for Peaksy or believe in his tactics or formation. A few comments about how Lamby used to pull all the strings, couple of seasons back I was speaking to an ex-player who confirmed this, that Peaksy never took training, if he was there, he would be observing and Lamby did it all apart from the post-match interviews and "scouting". We need a more hands on management style, where the players will run through a brick wall for the manager and someone who they actually want to play for. In regards to attracting new players, we can’t just keep using the budget as an excuse that other clubs are paying £20-£30 or even £50 more per game, players firstly want to enjoy their football and be playing regularly in front of a decent crowd with an atmosphere, at the moment we offer absolute nothing to attract new players and I don't think the players are really enjoying playing for us which really hurts, hence players leaving and no-one will be surprised if our current best players go in the next few weeks if they get an offer elsewhere. This is not a knee jerk reaction from the fans after a couple of losses this has been building up and up and up to the point where fans have had enough and are voting with their feet. The vast majority agree we need a change; however, I do have full confidence that the board will stick with Andy Peaks, but I fear by the time a change is made, it will be too late.
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Question off topic: is 240 the lowest home league attendance we’ve had since reforming?
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

rossco wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:20 pm Question off topic: is 240 the lowest home league attendance we’ve had since reforming?
I'm sure Noddy / Formic / Sussex Diamond might be able to confirm, but I would assume so yes. I thought the 250 against Rushall a week earlier was the lowest.

I would be interested to know if the 385 we got against Alvechurch on Saturday was our lowest Saturday home league attendance. (Edit: Answer is no, I can see a 374 VS Lincoln United, December 2016).
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

BartonRaz wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:32 pm
I would be interested to know if the 385 we got against Alvechurch on Saturday was our lowest Saturday home league attendance. (Edit: Answer is no, I can see a 374 VS Lincoln United, December 2016).
Worried we may ‘beat’ that tomorrow