[ Sat 6th Nov ] v Hednesford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Easton Diamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: [ Sat 6th Nov ] v Hednesford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Easton Diamond »

Didn’t go today but unbelievable fighting qualities from our team. Just incredible. One of the best comebacks in our history surely? The management staff and players should be very proud of that. The substitutions from Peaksy obviously worked a treat. How those Diamonds fans behind the goal must have enjoyed the late drama!

It sounded on Radio Diamonds (fantastic commentary from Joseph and Ollie by the way) like we changed things around to play two up front when we were 2-0 down. Then we scored three goals in no time at all to win it! It just shows what we can achieve when we have more support up top. I’d like to see us adopt that approach more often particularly when we play at home and take the game to the opposition right from the start. Really pleased for Will Jones to get himself on the scoresheet as well, hopefully the first of many goals for the club. Looking forward to coming up against what I think is now expected to be a near full strength K*ttering team on Tuesday.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's report

Ricky330
Has Liked: 305 times
Been Liked: 23 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Fantastic result and absolutely amazing scenes behind the goal. One of the best away days ever. Congrats to all the players & management team. However, a note of caution. We have secured 10 of our 19 points from last gasp positions, and whereas this demonstrates our superb never say die attitude, I can't be the only one who feels we must do more to control the game against the average sides in this league? We certainly have it within our ability to manage (and also dominate) games better.
Finally tho, Jones you beauty!!!!!
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

MarkH wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:41 pm Great win guys :good:

However it has been marred by a moronic Hednesford "supporter" who verbally abused their co-owner and vice-chairman which prompted this response from him ...

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2021/1 ... -statement

No room for this in any sport.
They did have a few idiots for fans but it certainly doesn't put any dampener on our great win. That "fan" needs banning by the sounds of it. Generally they were a nice friendly bunch with superb facilities.
AFC R & D member number 34
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

What a great result, at 2-0 down I thought we were dead and buried, we had a perfectly good goal ruled out in the first half and it just wasn’t falling for us, then we pulled it around.
Best away finish since Hitchin away.
We do have a group of very good players which if we can continue to develop and bring on will only get better.

Ravi has that special ability to turn a game as we saw yesterday
AFC R&D Member No. 67
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Went to a firework party yesterday, couldn’t believe it looking at the twitter updates. Then to turn on commentary at 2-3 to Joesph nearly in tears lol good times!!! 🤣🤣

How was Ty people??
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

Absolutely gutted to have missed this today.
Not missed a league game home or away all season, stood through some absolute shite at times, then covid hits, forces me into isolation, and we go and pull this out of the bag. Listening on radio diamonds had me bouncing round my kitchen as Jonesy netted the winner though.

Agree with the sentiment above about the danger of keep nicking our points in the last minute of games, but that's a conversation for another day. Amazing comeback, and 6 points out of two away games against sides that are well established at this level is a good return.

Sounds like Peaksy made some uncharacteristic game changing subs today aswell that paid off. (Maybe we'll give him until Christmas :hehe: )
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

diamondsteve wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:23 am
How was Ty people??
Struggled to get into the game as all of strikers do up front on their own but looked ok but hope we don’t revert to long balls to him just because he’s a big lad!

Incredible finish yesterday, I was buzzing with a point after Ravi’s goal so to win it was something else!!
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

I bet the fans haven't felt like that since Jako headed in that winner at sixfields.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

Unbelievable. Absolutely buzzing today. Still can’t quite believe how we’ve pulled that off. At 2-0 down I didn’t see any way back... the last 10 minutes were something else. Absolute scenes in the away end with all the players and fans celebrating. One of the best away wins, makes it all worth it. Big game Tuesday...