[ Club Statement ] Andy Peaks leaves club.

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: [ Club Statement ] Andy Peaks leaves club.

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Trek wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:35 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:13 am As was posted recently we have hundreds of youngsters playing under our banner but where are they and their parents on match days.
I used to mention this a lot although it was put to me that parents ferry their children around, often on Saturday morning, it is perhaps not fair to suggest they should attend senior matches on a Saturday because they would have other commitments with their family.
It may be useful that parents within the Community/Youth section are asked by questionnaire why many are not willing to watch senior matches at Hayden Road.
I get the feeling parents don’t want to take their kids to matches on a Saturday morning, then spend the afternoon at Hayden Road. Maybe It’s the local schools we should be targeting.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Therushden97
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Therushden97 »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:25 am
Trek wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:35 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:13 am As was posted recently we have hundreds of youngsters playing under our banner but where are they and their parents on match days.
I used to mention this a lot although it was put to me that parents ferry their children around, often on Saturday morning, it is perhaps not fair to suggest they should attend senior matches on a Saturday because they would have other commitments with their family.
It may be useful that parents within the Community/Youth section are asked by questionnaire why many are not willing to watch senior matches at Hayden Road.
I get the feeling parents don’t want to take their kids to matches on a Saturday morning, then spend the afternoon at Hayden Road. Maybe It’s the local schools we should be targeting.
Agree on the local schools part when I was in primary and secondary school every few months cobblers would unfortunately come in and do an assembly giving out either free tickets with an adult voucher etc
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

If a permanent manager is not to be appointed until the end of the season then I really hope that Tim Dudding and Scott Carlin are given the reins until the end of the season. Tim is a UEFA A coach who I fully respect while Scott has assisted Peaksy for the whole of his tenure and knows the players and club well. More importantly, the players know their methods and the results are there for all to see. They are the two top coaches in the club so give them a go as continuity is key!

If it is not to be those two then I do hope the board use Tim or Scott as one of their interview panel. Their coaching knowledge will be invaluable and while they are not on the board - we do need the right interim appointment with the play-offs still a possibility. I don't know of anybody else on the board who comes even close on football and coaching matters.

Whoever gets the job, it looks more and more likely that they are going to have to look for another striker withttering apparently offering Ty more than we can afford. If Ty goes then a new striker is essential and quickly but they dont come cheap!
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I have to fully endorse everything pressman says regarding Tim and scott, and look forward to them being with us for a long time to come.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

The pressman wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:21 pm Whoever gets the job, it looks more and more likely that they are going to have to look for another striker withttering apparently offering Ty more than we can afford. If Ty goes then a new striker is essential and quickly but they dont come cheap!
Well according to Southern League web site we signed Shane Bush as an Attacker, Maybe Peaksy knew before he left that Ty would be going as we cant compete with K*ttering regards wages.

They must be loving it up the road with the Doc Martin firmly on the other foot signing our best striker and unless they get gazumped
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

The various websites on Bush's career all say he is an attacker, but I think that is what he was several years ago now. But could prove useful now Ty has succumbed to the K*ttering silly money.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Has Ty definitely gone ?
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

Nah no confirmation of him going