Just in case the pessimists amongst you ….

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Therushden97
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: Just in case the pessimists amongst you ….

Post by Therushden97 »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:14 am
Olly wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:18 pm Yep, they may be gone now, but Peaksy and his team, and to some extent Ty of course have put us in a very strong position to go on and finish in the top 5 and I hope the rest of the team at least stays to help achieve this as it would be very disappointing to miss out now tbh.

Don't get me wrong, under no illusions at how difficult winning playoffs would be, you would be looking at Rushall away, maybe Coalville away and then of course a trek up north for the super playoff final against perhaps either one our former Trophy opponents in South Shields or Matlock, we'd massively be up against it, but I'd be delighted to just take part in the playoffs to be honest, still an achievement and can't beat all the hope and excitement of them either.
I thought the super play-off was a one-off a few years ago. Wasn't expecting it this season.
I also thought this? Not exactly ideal
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Re: Just in case the pessimists amongst you ….

Post by Biggles »

F.A Regulations for demotion/promotion this Season
+++

Step 2 and Step 3
The Clubs in the bottom three places in each of the two divisions at Step 2 at the end of the Regular Season will
be relegated and placed in a feeder pool and placed in the most geographically appropriate division at Step 3
for the following Playing Season.
They will be replaced by the Clubs finishing in 1st position in each of the four divisions at Step 3 together with a
further four Clubs determined by a series of Play Off Matches. Where a Club finishes in 1st position but does not
meet the criteria for promotion to the next Step, the Club finishing in 2nd position shall be promoted and the
Club finishing in 3rd position (and so on) shall be the Club in the next eligible position to take part in the Play Off
Matches. Where a Club finishes in a Play Off Position but does not meet the Criteria for participation in Play Off
Matches the Club finishing in the next eligible position shall take part in the Play Off Matches. In each division
at Step 3, the Play Off Matches shall be played so that the highest placed of the eligible Clubs plays against the
lowest placed and the other two Clubs play each other. The ties will be played on a single match basis.

The promoted Clubs will be placed in a feeder pool and placed in the most geographically appropriate division
at Step 2 for the following Playing Season.
+++
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32