New Manager

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Re: New Manager

Post by gibston »

Tim & Biff for me is a no brainer! Providing they want too of course,but couldn't see why not just till end of season. For me that's a sensible decision as both know the players & the club really well. That gives you more time once season is over to have a serious think & start talking to whoevers interested or to approach your targets..

Honestly don't get why we'd want to rock the boat this late on in the season especially after the crazy 10 days we've all just had. I've heard a few whispers (Andy Burgess-Paul Davis ex stratford-Tim Flowers) have all shown interest.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

gibston wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:56 am Tim & Biff for me is a no brainer! Providing they want too of course,but couldn't see why not just till end of season. For me that's a sensible decision as both know the players & the club really well. That gives you more time once season is over to have a serious think & start talking to whoevers interested or to approach your targets..

Honestly don't get why we'd want to rock the boat this late on in the season especially after the crazy 10 days we've all just had. I've heard a few whispers (Andy Burgess-Paul Davis ex stratford-Tim Flowers) have all shown interest.
Seen this train of thought with Tim & Biff a lot on social media and again on here. I can understand it, the points you make above are valid, but it's definitely not a no-brainer. We have no idea of course if they actually want it or have applied.

A potential issue with this is that the squad is really threadbare and probably needs 2 reinforcements quickly, to replace Ty and Ravi, to capitalise on the position we've got ourselves in. Biff, and particular Tim for the purposes of this point I'm about to make, have been thrust in to this position with presumably no notice. I think it's unlikely they will have a list of players identified. When time is of the essence, where would you start?

As above we don't know if they've applied, and we don't know who has applied full stop. There could be some really exciting candidates, in which case giving it to someone untried in men's football might not be considered a sensible approach either given what's at stake.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I have my reservations about new manager. It has all been too hasty. It will only work if Tim and Biff are on board which I have serious doubts that they will be. Saturday is going to be a very interesting day.
All this seasons hard work could be blown away.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Well my glass is half full, I’m optimistic about the appointment. I’m not sure Tim could commit to doing the role for more than the odd game, so the board had to appoint someone for the rest of the season - it’s not hasty, it’s planned and they should be congratulated on acting so swiftly. If things don’t work out as we hoped, nothing lost really! No-one expected us to be play-off contenders did they?

Andy will be hungry to prove himself and I love that the connection with the old club is maintained still.

Of course there are no guarantees of instant success, but he has contacts and hopefully will use them. He’s got 11 games and a great foundation to start from.

Think positive, get behind him and the lads and see where this ride will take us! Bring on Saturday!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Pigman wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:29 pm Well my glass is half full, I’m optimistic about the appointment. I’m not sure Tim could commit to doing the role for more than the odd game, so the board had to appoint someone for the rest of the season - it’s not hasty, it’s planned and they should be congratulated on acting so swiftly. If things don’t work out as we hoped, nothing lost really! No-one expected us to be play-off contenders did they?

Andy will be hungry to prove himself and I love that the connection with the old club is maintained still.

Of course there are no guarantees of instant success, but he has contacts and hopefully will use them. He’s got 11 games and a great foundation to start from.

Think positive, get behind him and the lads and see where this ride will take us! Bring on Saturday!
I'd echo all of that. Those of us that can remember Andy in his very early days at RDFC are so impressed with how things turned out for him, and I'm sure there will be others pleased to see he has kept in touch with the club.

Andy seemed to have taken on a role in the Manchester City Youth setup most recently - I wonder if he will combine the roles.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:20 pm I have my reservations about new manager. It has all been too hasty. It will only work if Tim and Biff are on board which I have serious doubts that they will be. Saturday is going to be a very interesting day.
Why is it Hasty, how long is not to Hasty, only 11 games left so interim manager needs games to prove himself that he is in the frame for Long Term manager.

Also why are Tim and Biff not on board, Andy has no backroom staff of his own as far as i know as he was only doing academy at Man City since January.

Maybe a bus load of Man city lads are on route to bolster the squad :harhar:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:20 pm I have my reservations about new manager. It has all been too hasty. It will only work if Tim and Biff are on board which I have serious doubts that they will be. Saturday is going to be a very interesting day.
Don't understand this viewpoint at all. I also really don't get the loyalty to someone who most of us wouldn't recognise if he walked past us in the street? Why would it only work if Tim is involved?

Give Andy a chance. Personally it wasn't what I was expecting but I'm completely happy with the appointment.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Biggles wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:51 pm Also why are Tim and Biff not on board ……..
Do we know that? I would expect that Biff at least will be involved to continue his coaching involvement with the senior squad. However, Tim’s commitment must surely be with his employer, Moulton College, and as he lives in Worcester he is in only in Northampton during week days.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Trek wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:50 pm
Biggles wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:51 pm Also why are Tim and Biff not on board ……..
Do we know that? I would expect that Biff at least will be involved to continue his coaching involvement with the senior squad. However, Tim’s commitment must surely be with his employer, Moulton College, and as he lives in Worcester he is in only in Northampton during week days.
err, not sure your point, i was answering Sussex who said about Tim and Biff not on board, i said why are Tim and Biff not on board, i maybe should have added an Question mark.

Far as i can see why should they leave as Andy most likely does not have his own team of backroom staff, could be proved wrong.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
train
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by train »

Surprised there hasn’t been more positive over this.

Think it’s excellent, great news about Andy Burgess being the Interim manager. (Burgess the best to us)