Drawn [ Sat 2nd Apr ] v Leiston FC, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Bolts1988
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: [ Sat 2nd Apr ] v Leiston FC, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Bolts1988 »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:53 pm We were lucky to get a draw imo. Disgraceful play acting from their number seven who tried to get Jesse sent off, and we missed collard massively.
Today proved how much we missed Collard, and now the news he's out for the season, gutted for him.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Bolts1988 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:53 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:53 pm We were lucky to get a draw imo. Disgraceful play acting from their number seven who tried to get Jesse sent off, and we missed collard massively.
Today proved how much we missed Collard, and now the news he's out for the season, gutted for him.
Where’s the news he’s out of the season? Burg said that they ask the ref today would he be able to play with the cast on in future games and the ref said he doesn’t think it will be a problem.
Bolts1988

Post by Bolts1988 »

Bolts1988

Post by Bolts1988 »

Hopefully that has worked.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

Thought the first half was poor, second a bit better. Wouldn't want to have to watch Leiston every week.

I don't usually complain about the ref but he wasn't good today.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Interviews with AFCRDTV

Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's report
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Dazzler wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:22 am Jon Dunham's report
Burg said in the post match interview that he will be out for a couple of games . And asked the ref if the cast would be playable. “and we will have to look at it again as he’s a massive player for us”
So my understanding is that Collard wants to play like he did against Redditch.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Really difficult to try and analyse a game like that. A great game for the neutral, but we've really got to tighten up at the back because any team could score a hatful against us playing like that. Collard or no Collard, for the first goal the ball in should never have been allowed to beat the first man let alone rattle around inside the 6 yard box. The second looked equally as soft.

At the other end of the pitch as ever recently, we looked dangerous. Brilliant goal from Graham who I thought looked decent on his full debut.

It's been a very long time since I've mentioned a ref on here but I thought today's was shocking to be honest. As Burge alluded to in his interview, he made a simple enough game difficult. The penalty was really soft and it felt like he was evening things up there. Meanwhile at the other end, I really thought their keeper could have walked for a 2-footed lunge on Furlong at the end of the first half. Thankfully he didn't connect but to not even give a foul for it was ridiculous.

Could be a case of squeaky bum time incoming. Tricky fixtures for ourselves and Alvechurch next Saturday but ours is worse. If we lose and they win, it's down to 2 points. Plenty of people on social media acting like it's a foregone conclusion. It absolutely isn't if we defend like that again.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Ricky330
Has Liked: 304 times
Been Liked: 23 times

Post by Ricky330 »

As ever wise words from BartonRaz. Totally agree that playoffs are not a forgone conclusion & that unless we spend some serious time on training pitch addressing our woeful defending I fear we will miss out. I admire AB s desire to play 2 up front but please don't go all Kevin Keegan on us with a "you score 3 we will score 4 " attitude. ⚽️💎🙏🙏🤞🤞