Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Re: Former Players

Post by The pressman »

Barton raz - I can answer the Lee Tomlin question. Apparently, Npton did want him and his agent recommended that lee sign for them. However, as I understand he knew the Walsall manager, he ignored his agent and signed with Walsall.
Cotty
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Cotty »

is there a corresponding section of the website which gives details of present whereabouts, honours, goalscoring, appearances etc for the AFC players?
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Cotty wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:03 pm is there a corresponding section of the website which gives details of present whereabouts, honours, goalscoring, appearances etc for the AFC players?
The version I updated regularly on the original-style AFCRD website has been copied across to the new website - https://www.afcdiamonds.com/diamonds-pl ... f-history/ as a snapshot from two years ago. I'm sure the current media team would welcome someone volunteering to update it from then onwards. Unfortunately the old player profiles have been lost during the process of revamping the website - the ones that showed detailed appearance data by competition - so the links on the player names in the table at the bottom don't work anymore.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Ben Ford is one game away from playing in the FA Vase Final at Wembley after Newport Pagnell’s win yesterday!

Great achievement for them! Let’s hope they make it!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Mark Cooper has left Barrow, by the very familiar route “mutual consent”
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Jake (Flamingo) Newman has signed for Newport Pagnell just in time for a Vase semi final.
I know all the players will be nervous of getting injured before the big game on 2nd but it’s all gone a bit wobbly since the 1/4 final victory 3 or 4 straight defeats I think, sure Jake will sort it.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Jordan Mcleod re joins Peterborough Sports. Plus they have new keeper, I wonder why.!! 😂
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Brownie wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:50 am Jake (Flamingo) Newman has signed for Newport Pagnell just in time for a Vase semi final.
I know all the players will be nervous of getting injured before the big game on 2nd but it’s all gone a bit wobbly since the 1/4 final victory 3 or 4 straight defeats I think, sure Jake will sort it.
Makes the bench
Cotty

Post by Cotty »

John Ruddy - 4 appearances 2005/06 season - came on as sub goalkeeper for Wolves in their big game against Manchester City yesterday.
I'm not sure whether we can count him as an ex-player but Ade Akinfenwa also played in the play-offs for Wycombe - his Diamonds contribution was 1 game as an unused substitute triallist in a pre-season friendly!
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Cotty wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:38 am John Ruddy - 4 appearances 2005/06 season - came on as sub goalkeeper for Wolves in their big game against Manchester City yesterday.
I'm not sure whether we can count him as an ex-player but Ade Akinfenwa also played in the play-offs for Wycombe - his Diamonds contribution was 1 game as an unused substitute triallist in a pre-season friendly!
Actually, he was an unused sub on 6 league game occasions in the Brian Talbot era. Was during December and January of the 2003/04 season