[ Tue 12th Jul ] v Loughborough Uni, KO 7:30pm PSF

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Re: [ Tue 12th Jul ] v Loughborough Uni, KO 7:30pm PSF

Post by diamondsteve »

SimonHillington9 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:38 pm Analysis from the GPS vests are in, it’s says we were shit.
Disposed by students asif we were a pot noodle and a pint.
Didn’t make early moves now we left trialing fodder. And for all this will jones nonsense, he did f all on pitch for us and has now moved on, kidding ourselves about bring thru young players at this level, all about proven experience.
Them GPS vests need bining . Need to get the basics in place first before we start with all of that performance nonsense.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Biggles wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:55 pm Well it looks like the Doom and Gloom squads have arrived on mass , seems like any person who tries to understand the problems this club faces starting with a total new squad is not wanted around these parts so adios amigo's i leave you to your gloom.
Thing is it's only half a starting line up at the moment, with only three new faces. We're three and half weeks away from the first game of the season and haven't even got anywhere near a starting line up. Why haven't snedker or tshikuna put pen to paper if they've come back to the club during this pre-season? You have to admit, this is all very worrying at thus stage. Having supported the club since 1994, this is the worst pre-season I have witnessed certainly on the recruitment side of things. Don't even think Ernie tippett had a squad this weak for the relevant division the club was in at the time!
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

diamondsteve wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:06 pm
SimonHillington9 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:38 pm Analysis from the GPS vests are in, it’s says we were shit.
Disposed by students asif we were a pot noodle and a pint.
Didn’t make early moves now we left trialing fodder. And for all this will jones nonsense, he did f all on pitch for us and has now moved on, kidding ourselves about bring thru young players at this level, all about proven experience.
Them GPS vests need bining . Need to get the basics in place first before we start with all of that performance nonsense.
Anybody else think we are trying to run before we can walk with all this "head of performance " "Head of recruitment " GPS vests?? Is Burge trying to be too professional at this level too soon??
Absolutely agree we need BASICS in place 1st
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Adrian wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:04 pm I thought the comment on the ET site from Andy Burgess regarding the departure of Alex Collard and Liam Dolman was a bit disrespectful,
Andy Burgess wrote: “I am not going to sit here and cry my eyes out over losing a couple of players.”
I have a few concerns about Burgess's attitude, he arrived saying every game was a cup final, then seemingly forgot that for the last 3 games before saying the final game was a cup final, for me a good manager wouldn't have got us into such a fine position and then shockingly miss out on the play-offs.
I mentioned Andy Burgess's attitude a month or so ago, these early results are worrying, we have to remember that managing a youth team is nowhere near as hard as managing a proper first team, saying he is not crying at losing a couple of players is downplaying how important those 2 players were to our team, that's an attitude that may fail to motivate players.

We will see how it pans out, I hope he can succeed though because he talks a good game which is a breath of fresh air.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

Think any manager/coach coming into the club was always going to have huge job to do. Lost some really key players so not that straightforward just to get it right straight away.

But also I've see the signings Brackley K*ttering have made (look weaker than the ones what's left)

Also now with bedford at our level & Harboro level below and both offering decent ££££ it really is going to be difficult.

But yeah we deffo need some experience & few positions Improved on.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

Let's see where we are in a couple of weeks time, I'm convinced things will be a lot better and there will be plenty of positive response to how the team is shaping up.
The club needs support.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Bring back the Chris Ruff Cup. We might just win that.
Tideishigh

Post by Tideishigh »

Just a thought maybe Peaksey wasn’t as bad as people have made out he was & just maybe did club do enough to keep him
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Andy Burgess wrote: “I am not going to sit here and cry my eyes out over losing a couple of players.”
Them players were Leaders in the dressing room & pitch. Can fossen be one? All our hopes on him doesn’t seem fair.

One training session before Saturdays game. And moving onwards from that something needs to happen as Burg won’t want to be embarrassed against his friends at Luton . Need pen to paper for Sneds and Nathan Hicks , otherwise we will be truly f**ked in 3 weeks. Must be an even harder sell for season tickets
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Just listened to Burge interview and the narrative has moved from "we need men out there" to "if we need to bring new players in" ????
Lots of talk again but very little action unfortunately.
I for 1 am extremely worried at where we're at currently.
🤞🙏 we can sort this out ASAP