Lost [ Tue 16th Aug ] v Hitchin Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: [ Tue 16th Aug ] v Hitchin Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Same problem again, little or no communication between the players.

Far too many times the ball was given away, also unnecessary fouls.

A question I’d like to ask, where are these ex-players Burge said about who wanted to come back?

It’s blatantly obvious we need a striker.

Agreed with Andy’s post match interview, we need men. Get a mix of youth and experience, and we’ll hopefully start picking up results.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham’s report

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV

YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

Don’t understand the criticism of Paddy Casey. He was OK last night but he was man of the match on Saturday and scored our only goal. One of our best players last season playing out of position and still is. He certainly isn’t one of our problems.
Drunken Debanker
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Drunken Debanker »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:54 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:27 pm I'm concerned. Where is Jensen Cooper? No one I asked this evening could give me an answer.
I'm now told he is ill. He needs to get well soon. My first viewing of all the new players. I liked Empoconshif, thought Fossen was ordinary, probably we hyped him up too much. Tee very good. Connor and Ngwa not sure how they can be on books of a league club. Of the old boys Hicks was good. Hughes and Furlong OK. Akubine poor. And of course Snedker was Snedker. For next game I would replace Casey who clearly is playing to go somewhere else and commits far too many fouls, Akubine, Connor, if Cooper fit and Ngwa.
I think you are being harsh on Paddy. He is a young lad who was one of our best players last season. Of course he is going to want to better himself, whoever doesn’t would lack ambition.
He scored his first goal for the club and you can tell from his celebration that he enjoyed it.
He’s also playing with brand new players next to him it’s not easy and he will be just as frustrated as we all are with the current results.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
We'll Drink Some Beer
And We'll Drink Some More
Cuz We Are The Rushden Boys On Tour.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

At the min we're having very little luck & for me 2 pi** poor decisions by referees in the last 2 games which has changed both the last 2 games! It's fine margins for sure.

Yes I agree regarding experienced number 9 which again comes at a cost so not easy to find straight away and I've no doubt burge is constantly looking. But don't think it's right to hammer a young lad either.

Was always going to be difficult with a huge turnaround in players and the new crop being young,but like most seasons on here it's near on impossible to please some!
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Haven’t been to a game in pre season or league yet so hard to comment but, think theres a few overreactions on here. Start of last season was as bad and we’ve got a lot more new players to gel together this time around. Give it till October and see where we are.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

No way a pen!!!

I’m more bothered as to why didn’t any of our players complain and I mean a number confronting the ref . At least there’s a chance the ref knows he’s made a mistake.

Burg said in his interview it’s time for us to do the dirty things in football and maybe men are the ones to do that
Last edited by diamondsteve on Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Match highlights and interviews with AFCRDTV

Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

oliv272 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:07 am Up until the last 20 minutes or so (which got a bit frustrating) that was an entertaining game, we've got a decent squad just need a bit of time I think. No need to panic yet, lets keep backing the boys.
Totally agree, usually I walk away from losses frustrated and pissed off and while obviously I wasn't happy we threw away a lead and lost for the second game running, I didn't feel like we were awful or anything and there is lots of potential in this squad.

The doom and gloom on here and already talking about relegation is ridiculous, I could understand if our preseason fears had been confirmed and we'd been hammered these first few games but we haven't, a draw and two narrow defeats with dodgy pen decisions isn't an awful start considering how new this squad is and how young and inexperienced this squad is. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting us to be any higher than lower mid table this season at all at best, but we must give a new young squad time to gel.

To be honest they've already surprised me by managing to be competitive in these first few games after some of the thrashings in preseason so that's something!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308