Lost [ Sat 1st Oct ] v Hednesford Town, KO 3:00pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 1st Oct ] v Hednesford Town, KO 3:00pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Match details

nsman

Re: [ Sat 1st Oct ] v Hednesford Town, KO 3:00pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by nsman »

Hednesford have signed 2 experienced senior players today. That's just not fair.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

They seem like a well run club, a very classy statement from their chairman regarding ground behaviour.

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2022/0 ... -behaviour

Hednesford lost 3 - 2 last night and Leroy Lita was on target for them again.
It will be a nervy game on Saturday and it's going to be a mammoth task to pick up the lads to go again just 3 days after a thrashing.

Picking up a point on the back of such a loss would be a decent outcome, Burgess says there may be a signing before the weekend but as it was him who assembled the squad - his player judgement is severely lacking... can we trust him to spend more club money?

If we get hammered again then so be it, I suppose you could say it is in the hands of the footballing gods, in a nutshell I am not going to sit here and cry my eyes out over a couple of thrashings.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

nsman wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:11 pm Hednesford have signed 2 experienced senior players today. That's just not fair.
I guess they have the budget and contacts to do so.
One wonders if our inabilities to find good local talent coincides with the departure of Mark Hedges in his Football Liasion role on the board - he spent so many successful seasons in that role as well as everything else he did for the club.
Similarly one wonders if the budget cuts coincide with the lack of Commercial activities coincident with John Gregory leaving the Club Board - we don't even seem to have player sponsorships this season (or they are very low key). I was hoping John would take the helm at the club when our former chairman left.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

I have just spoken to a board member who says that Hedges is still our Football Liaison Officer.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Formic wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:37 am
nsman wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:11 pm Hednesford have signed 2 experienced senior players today. That's just not fair.
I guess they have the budget and contacts to do so.
One wonders if our inabilities to find good local talent coincides with the departure of Mark Hedges in his Football Liasion role on the board - he spent so many successful seasons in that role as well as everything else he did for the club.
Similarly one wonders if the budget cuts coincide with the lack of Commercial activities coincident with John Gregory leaving the Club Board - we don't even seem to have player sponsorships this season (or they are very low key). I was hoping John would take the helm at the club when our former chairman left.
I saw him walking around on Tuesday night, so as pressman says he’s still with the club as football liaison officer.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Hednesford had 2 players sent off against Sporting, will they be banned for Saturday?
AFC R & D member number 34
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:18 pm Hednesford had 2 players sent off against Sporting, will they be banned for Saturday?
I hope to be corrected but I think suspensions start 7 days after the offence unfortunately.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

So then we will hear about a signing(s) today! Wonder who it will be…….

I’m guessing Josh knows and probably interviewed him/them last night. And will be on the starting line up against Hednesford and their two new experienced players.

This is happening ain’t it??? Lol
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »