Burgess departs

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: Burgess departs

Post by davealbon »

discodunk wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:28 am Anyway, on to the next chapter(off the record is it possible to bring a money man chairman in that doesnt get involved with the rest of the teams ?)
It's certainly possible, but without a significant change to our constitution they wouldn't have more than the one vote all the other board members have, making it a rather unattractive proposition. Besides, would that really be in the best interests of the club in the long term?

With the help of the lottery money, I have no doubt we have a large enough budget to compete at this level anyway, it's just not been well spent over the past 6 months.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

That’s a good point trek we’ve only ever appointed 3 managers 1 worked at the time, the other did for a long time and the third didn’t.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:09 am Said it before and I'll say it again. Appoint Mitch Austin and any integrity the board have will be thrown out the window.

With any candidate they'll need to do a deep dig into their background and well as playing style and recruitment.

First call I'd make would be to Peterborough Sports to ask to speak to Jimmy Dean.
Jimmy Dean is financially invested in the club and i'm sure he's a shareholder, so that's not happening. Anything the manager and chairman write on social media about little old Peterborough Sports punching above their weight is utter nonsense with the amount of money being thrown around there.

Personally I would be making enquiries for Chris Nunn at Kempston and Ricky Marheineke at St. Ives. Despite our current woes our club is bigger than both and has more long term potential. Both know the level inside out.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:01 am My comment on Fossen is based more on his connection with Burgess rather than ability. Not sure if he is on contract but would want him to stay. Also can we get Paddy Casey to reconsider leaving.
I’d imagine if the whole management is gone including head of fitness Martin and start from scratch then Paddy will want to impress the new manager.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

Bully adams,ex welly town,,,,and manager at st ives,,,couple of seasons back,local boy,,just as an interim untill the right person is found or,,,wayne abbott helped peaksy and the gang for a while
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

discodunk wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:28 am To me the vest situation wouldnt have been a problem,,,,later on though,,,when burge came in the club was in turmoil,,,,we hadnt finalised a club chairman, players leaving,,peaksy and staff leaving,,,then up pops burge with his new fangled ideas,,,it felt like we were punched from all angles
One step at a time
1:sort a team out to be competitive/and consolidate in the league
2:sort the chairman issue
3:once above two issues sorted feed in the fitness regime
4:and once all the above has been done, bring in the vests
All too much too soon

Anyway, on to the next chapter(off the record is it possible to bring a money man chairman in that doesnt get involved with the rest of the teams ?)
I’d rather have the vests than a fitness regime! I’d rather the whole squad be happy having a pint after the game if it meant a happy squad and above mid table.

Imagine a player who’s job is to sit at a desk all day to then be demanded to do extra training/diet to compensate. And to the builders which have less strict plan because of the physical nature of their work . This is what’s been happening! Fossen said along the lines of this when he was on radio commentary a few weeks back
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

Just watched the highlights it’s embarrassing. Defender running through the whole pitch to get a shot on target . Goalie got the assist for the 2nd . You can literally cut through our team like a hot knife though butter .
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

discodunk wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:16 am Bully adams,ex welly town,,,,and manager at st ives,,,couple of seasons back,local boy,,just as an interim untill the right person is found or,,,wayne abbott helped peaksy and the gang for a while
Funny you should mention Wayne Abbott, someone mentioned him on Twitter and said about him coming out of retirement to manage the club, and his response was “Light work”.

We need someone to come in, instantly put their foot down, basically tell the board “I’m the manager, I’ll do my job, you’re the board, you do your job. No interference from you”. That is what caused Andy Peaks to leave, because he was fed up with certain members of the board interfering.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:08 am
discodunk wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:16 am Bully adams,ex welly town,,,,and manager at st ives,,,couple of seasons back,local boy,,just as an interim untill the right person is found or,,,wayne abbott helped peaksy and the gang for a while
Funny you should mention Wayne Abbott, someone mentioned him on Twitter and said about him coming out of retirement to manage the club, and his response was “Light work”.

We need someone to come in, instantly put their foot down, basically tell the board “I’m the manager, I’ll do my job, you’re the board, you do your job. No interference from you”
Why do you think the board were interfering with anything?? If anything they gave Burgess a lot of rope and kept supporting him when people including me wanted him gone long before now
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Nice words from Burge

https://t.co/CCz7EKZuze
Last edited by Formic on Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.