Lost [ Sat 15th Oct ] v Redditch Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: [ Sat 15th Oct ] v Redditch Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by davealbon »

NN10-Nige wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:51 am If I was in charge, I would be making a move for Adam North, at some point Dean Snedker will probably decide he wants to move on to a club who are challenging for something.
I think I speak for all of us when I say thank God you're not in charge.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Wobbly Wardley wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:37 am If taking Courtney off was tactical, then why was Evan put to left wing back instead of Hughes, just doesn’t make sense.
Evan is a lot more comfortable on the ball than Hughes, so if it had to be one of those two I think the right call was made. I know Hughes has played at left back before, but he's never been convincing there IMO, and left wing back is a very different role anyway. I also think Hughes is a more reliable centre back than Evan.

Either way, it was a square peg in a round hole.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Hang on, what?? Roade are same league as the U23s, but forgive me for my lack of knowledge about local football but who are the other two? I'm all for scouring lower levels, but this is taking the piss, I know we don't have much money, but can we not even attract and afford step 4 players anymore? What is happening...

Well what is happening is the cost of living and our vote not to increase gate prices, in short our budget has fallen this year and this appointment
looks like showing we cannot afford to pay for a new manager or players of experience at this level any more.

We have no luxury of of a owner putting hand in the pocket to adsorb rising prices and they are rising still so players/managers want more money, our pot must be running empty so its the only conclusion i can make why Richard Maxwell was appointed, he will do it for love and not money.

The clubs only real option is to put up gate prices and overturn the vote (Uproar from the fans) these are dark times for the world and our little bit of Britain and our little football club and i would imagine lots more little clubs without deep pocket Owners are fretting how they will survive the rising costs.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Deryck
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Deryck »

Two posters who joined in the last two days calling each other trolls. I know that this forum (much like the club) had been getting quieter than the previous couple of years but that's not the sort of stuff I was hoping to see on the match threads!

Hopefully a fans forum will dispel some of the speculation on here. I'm sure the board is limited on what they can actually release about the search. For all we know there wasn't even a single other candidate. The board may have approached half a dozen people who all rejected the club. We don't know. Or it may have been as simple as we don't have the budget to afford the people who the board approched.

It is concerning that membership and attendance are both dropping. There seems to be a rapidly growing schism between the board and the fans. And the team's performance at this stage is going to lead the club to relegation. I am worried about the future of the club if we do get relegated.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 506
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Of course there was other candidates! They just chose the wrong one.

I’ve never known so much bickering at the club in the 26 years I’ve a been a supporter.

So much wrong, we don’t know where to start.

We had a chance of survival by making a good call 3 games ago. We now have no chance of staying up by making a bad call only 5 days later.

The infighting is petty (summed up by the board having almost physical altercations in the bar after the game)

The delusion is incredible

The judgement of people is scandalous

The communication is non existent

The decision making is the worst I’ve seen

The budget is the same

The crowds are down (but we’re all feeling the pinch)

The time for change is now. There are still enough points available to stay up.

I think, more than ever, we need an EGM.

Let’s get the ball rolling. I’ll be renewing my membership when I get paid, just for this.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I would encourage everyone to renew their membership as i think we are going to need everyone together helping in the same direction to take things forward, you can have your say and help, we can all help, we can all do a bit.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:19 am Of course there was other candidates! They just chose the wrong one.

I’ve never known so much bickering at the club in the 26 years I’ve a been a supporter.

So much wrong, we don’t know where to start.

We had a chance of survival by making a good call 3 games ago. We now have no chance of staying up by making a bad call only 5 days later.

The infighting is petty (summed up by the board having almost physical altercations in the bar after the game)

The delusion is incredible

The judgement of people is scandalous

The communication is non existent

The decision making is the worst I’ve seen

The budget is the same

The crowds are down (but we’re all feeling the pinch)

The time for change is now. There are still enough points available to stay up.

I think, more than ever, we need an EGM.

Let’s get the ball rolling. I’ll be renewing my membership when I get paid, just for this.
Exactly this. 👍
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

bozzer wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:25 am I would encourage everyone to renew their membership as i think we are going to need everyone together helping in the same direction to take things forward, you can have your say and help, we can all help, we can all do a bit.
I struggle for every game due to work but I’m ready and willing to step up and support in any plan going forward. Just not with the current set up. I think there are many in the same boat.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

The amount of people who are willing to join or renew their membership (me included) to change this will be enough for a decent striker!! 😂😂
AFCRDPete2011
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by AFCRDPete2011 »

I think it would be fair to say that I disagree with a lot of the posts on here, though the last couple have actually been speaking sense - fair play.

I’m almost certain that there’s individuals on here that are using aliases to hide who they truly are in order to post North Korea style propaganda and brainwash everyone into thinking the clubs move has been the best one for it - I won’t name names, but I’m sure we all know who they are.

And to the clown who called me a troll and then named a K*ttering fan in one of their posts claiming it was me - for the record, I’m not him - I have better things to do with my life, and you perhaps have bigger responsibilities to be dealing with than setting up fake accounts on fan forums to back yourself/someone very close to you!!