Richard Maxwell Appointed Manager

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Re: Richard Maxwell Appointed Manager

Post by fentiger79 »

For me it’s simple, whoever came top in the rest of the managers interested in the position before giving it for Richard Maxwell offer them the post now on time for Saturday. And before anyone says maybe there weren’t any interested parties I’m told there was and if what I have heard is u true then please put a statement out via the appropriate channels stating this. All this uncertainty and suspicion is crippling our club and fan base. As someone has already mentioned whilst this is an extremely sad time it may well be one of the most positive things as it appears to have reborn a focus and desire from fans to step up and help.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

fentiger79 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:38 am For me it’s simple, whoever came top in the rest of the managers interested in the position before giving it for Richard Maxwell offer them the post now on time for Saturday. And before anyone says maybe there weren’t any interested parties I’m told there was and if what I have heard is u true then please put a statement out via the appropriate channels stating this. All this uncertainty and suspicion is crippling our club and fan base. As someone has already mentioned whilst this is an extremely sad time it may well be one of the most positive things as it appears to have reborn a focus and desire from fans to step up and help.
What self-respecting manager would want any part of this, now? Particularly one who might have been rejected in favour of a board member, and knows it.

I think we need to get our house properly in order before we can think about getting anyone with any pedigree in.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Wobbly Wardley
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Wobbly Wardley »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:03 am
Wobbly Wardley wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:43 am Thomas Ballie has left Bromsgrove! I’d take him
You cannot be serious!!! 😂🤣 After a 7-1 home defeat, sounds familiar.
Didn’t Peaks have a heavy defeat in his reign?! Ballie is local to this area, has decent contacts and is a steady coach/manager at our level, with promotions too.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

BartonRaz wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:23 am
fentiger79 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:38 am For me it’s simple, whoever came top in the rest of the managers interested in the position before giving it for Richard Maxwell offer them the post now on time for Saturday. And before anyone says maybe there weren’t any interested parties I’m told there was and if what I have heard is u true then please put a statement out via the appropriate channels stating this. All this uncertainty and suspicion is crippling our club and fan base. As someone has already mentioned whilst this is an extremely sad time it may well be one of the most positive things as it appears to have reborn a focus and desire from fans to step up and help.
What self-respecting manager would want any part of this, now? Particularly one who might have been rejected in favour of a board member, and knows it.

I think we need to get our house properly in order before we can think about getting anyone with any pedigree in.
In normal circumstances I would agree totally but the one thing we really dont have is time. With changes and a bit of charm and persuasion I’m sure wrongs can be righted.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

Wobbly Wardley wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:35 am Didn’t Peaks have a heavy defeat in his reign?! Ballie is local to this area, has decent contacts and is a steady coach/manager at our level, with promotions too.
One promotion at K*ttering, I think he had the best squad in the league and only just about got promoted, used to play players out of position.

We used to mock KTFC fans as they were top of the league and calling for him to be sacked, I would say he is another Mitch Austin in that if he doesn't have players who are capable of playing 2 leagues above in his squad he's nothing. Cheat mode managers.

If i remember rightly he won promotion and a week later they advertised the managers job and told him he would have to re apply for it - there has to be a reason behind a chairman treating you like that after winning promotion.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

fentiger79 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:00 am
BartonRaz wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:23 am

In normal circumstances I would agree totally but the one thing we really dont have is time. With changes and a bit of charm and persuasion I’m sure wrongs can be righted.
The board are not going to make a you turn in the next 2 months, that would make them look even worse as they would be caving to fans, I don't expect that from them.

What I would have liked is if they had done due diligence and seen what fans would made of appointing Maxwell first, also for them to have waited a little longer rather than rushing,

If the same board are in place next time, all we can do is hope that they have learnt from their clear and obvious mistakes, VAR isn't even needed for that.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

I think strength is also about changing things when you know you have made a mistake.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Wobbly Wardley wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:43 am Thomas Ballie has left Bromsgrove! I’d take him
He makes Mitch Austin look like a good bloke. The only thing worse would be Baillie and Austin in tandem.
mattparker
Has Liked: 44 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

Statement
Attachments
8A5ED6BD-EBC9-450A-B901-799D48E0B8D1.jpeg
8A5ED6BD-EBC9-450A-B901-799D48E0B8D1.jpeg (139.39 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

I hope the snipers are happy now and are prepared to put themselves up for election otherwise we will not have a club to support