Lost [ Sat 22nd Oct ] v Mickleover FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Re: [ Sat 22nd Oct ] v Mickleover FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:43 pm Chris Nunn was clearly best applicant for manager but just because he does not have UEFA B coaching he was rejected at first ballot. The best managers are often those who can motivate and find gems in lower leagues, ie Andy Peaks. Does Peaks have UEFA badge?
Was Nunny not rejected in favour of Burge?? If so that was the mistake as he wasn’t even managing at the time. Ignored a tried, trusted and very respected local manager of the required level on a wing and a prayer hopeful an ex player could be successful. I’m sure we all wanted Burge to succeed but I’m sure most were fairly sure he wouldn’t.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

fentiger79 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:25 pm We need to act now, Leiston away is a dead rubber. No expectations on that whatsoever. But Bromsgrove and kings Langley at home are huge. Change it now and give the new manager a week to give us a chance. Surely everyone can see this now.
This is the opposite of what we should be doing. The current board - what's left of it - shouldn't be making any managerial appointments. It's not going to be pretty but it's now just a case of limping the club through to the meeting next week, hopefully getting the reset it needs, and going from there. Forget the next 2 games, in fact forget the next 5.

As for the game. 2-0, felt like 5 or 6-0. We know where we are at, it's almost pointless analysing it at this point.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

Barton Raz is quite right the current board should not hamper or do anything which could tie the hands of the new Board
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I agree with you BartonRaz, remember this isn't RM's team of players. Our team seems to do OK in the first half but just fades away in the second. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
AFC R & D member number 34
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I do get your point however I’m sure the vast majority of fans want a change to a new experienced manager and if we can do it now it will give us more of a chance and take the sting out of what will clearly be an unhappy fanbase at the meeting. All we are going to do is get to the meeting and want a new manager to give us a chance. Why wait, 5 games is going to be too late.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:21 pm I agree with you BartonRaz, remember this isn't RM's team of players. Our team seems to do OK in the first half but just fades away in the second. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
If by meaning we do alright by not conceding, getting battered and not having a shot on target I agree totally.
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

I do not think the remaining 5 can appoint a new manager as its against the constitution as it need a minimum of 6 to make decisions
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

Biggles wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:30 pm I do not think the remaining 5 can appoint a new manager as its against the constitution as it need a minimum of 6 to make decisions
Exactly this, the new boards first item on their agenda should be a decision on the first team manager, but we have to wait until the new board is in place.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

Brilliant!
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

bozzer wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:32 pm
Biggles wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:30 pm I do not think the remaining 5 can appoint a new manager as its against the constitution as it need a minimum of 6 to make decisions
Exactly this, the new boards first item on their agenda should be a decision on the first team manager, but we have to wait until the new board is in place.
Most definitely needs to be the first point of the meeting.