Lost [ Sat 22nd Oct ] v Mickleover FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Re: [ Sat 22nd Oct ] v Mickleover FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by gibston »

From what ive been told Yep Jesse has departed the club due to RM.

Absolutely soul destroying seeing this happen after years of hard graft from unbelievable set of volunteers,decent management team etc etc..

As I said ages ago,the loss of people like Jon Ward & Ralph will be huge loss for this football club & it's showing big time now,this is not a dig at anyone else either just pure facts...
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

It’s pretty obvious that the first points of the EGM is to confirm the board, then put in place the decision to recruit a new manager. Without those I don’t see how we can move forward. If you think I’m wrong take 5 minutes to read the fans views on here, social media etc. it’s not just displeasure it’s pure anger and dismay. We are clearly in a downward spiral with worrying consequences, we need some tough decisions to kick start this fightback. But it needs to be at this meeting no waiting another month or two. Whoever was top of the rest of the managers gets a phone call on Thursday 3rd November offering them the job.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

Soul-destroying is not putting it too strong.

Real feel-good times in the past, but with every bit of news that comes out of the club (mostly unofficially) it just seems to feel worse.

I have no animosity against Richard Maxwell and know little about him, but the image portrayed of a late application, member of the board etc isn't great. We were desperate for an experienced manager who could steady the ship. Not saying that would have been easy to find, but it seems we took the opposite direction.

I have no idea how the situation can be resolved, and can't see us avoiding the drop. Can't be at the meeting and impossible to get involved but I do hope that a way forward can be found and the club and supporters can look forward to better times.

Biggest sadness to me is how quickly we have got to this. From a good chance of making the play-offs we have fallen to the laughing stock of our league (and probably beyond).

I never expected us in reality to go up, but certainly didn't want where are now.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

fentiger79 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:52 am It’s pretty obvious that the first points of the EGM is to confirm the board, then put in place the decision to recruit a new manager. Without those I don’t see how we can move forward. If you think I’m wrong take 5 minutes to read the fans views on here, social media etc. it’s not just displeasure it’s pure anger and dismay. We are clearly in a downward spiral with worrying consequences, we need some tough decisions to kick start this fightback. But it needs to be at this meeting no waiting another month or two. Whoever was top of the rest of the managers gets a phone call on Thursday 3rd November offering them the job.
You make it sound so easy.

'Confirm the Board'. To do that you need to know who is willing to stand. Doesn't it need a vote of the members to be elected to the Board?.

I get the need to move quickly but things still need to be done properly.

Are you putting yourself forward?
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Match highlights from AFCRDTV

fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:02 am
fentiger79 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:52 am It’s pretty obvious that the first points of the EGM is to confirm the board, then put in place the decision to recruit a new manager. Without those I don’t see how we can move forward. If you think I’m wrong take 5 minutes to read the fans views on here, social media etc. it’s not just displeasure it’s pure anger and dismay. We are clearly in a downward spiral with worrying consequences, we need some tough decisions to kick start this fightback. But it needs to be at this meeting no waiting another month or two. Whoever was top of the rest of the managers gets a phone call on Thursday 3rd November offering them the job.
You make it sound so easy.

'Confirm the Board'. To do that you need to know who is willing to stand. Doesn't it need a vote of the members to be elected to the Board?.

I get the need to move quickly but things still need to be done properly.

Are you putting yourself forward?
Easy, simple, takes time, are things we are going to need to change and quick. Sometimes we create blocks ourselves. Look at the conservative (other political parties available) leadership contest, normally takes months to complete but due to serious circumstances it’s been changed to being done in days. I accept and totally respect the rules of our club but we need to think differently now. And regarding putting myself forward I have been quite clear my help is here and ready and waiting.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

The EGM needs to identify if there are any others prepared to do ‘some lifting and carrying’ in other words be prepared to be a Board Member. If there are they could be co-opted on until formal elections take place next summer. At present there are 4 elected officers plus one co-opted member. Our Constitution presently permits 8 elected members plus 4 co-opted members.
nsman

Post by nsman »

Its hard to judge the wider level of discontent in the fanbase purely on some of the vitriolic postings on this forum but I think its fair to say the appointment if Maxwell as permanent manager is contentious. However I'm sure that the decision, however flawed it may, or may not turn out to be, was made by the current directors who were acting with the best interests of the club, as they saw it at the time and in difficult circumstances that are not completely public (yet). At the EGM I think we should try to refrain from a witch hunt of the current board. If they are forced to leave en masse we'd inevitably lose a lot of valuable backroom experience on top of what has already been lost from the club in the last 12 months. Better to offer to support them and strengthen the current board with new faces and new energy.
The playing squad has undoubtedly suffered by he loss of too many players from last years team, and having to "start from scratch" again. Do we really want the same thing to happen behind the scenes?
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Personally I think the club need a completely new board, maybe one or two stay on to help with the handover to the new board.

I’ve heard some interesting, shall we say, snippets regarding a board member, and think they in particular need to go as soon as possible. Whilst I won’t personally step up to the board. I’d consider maybe helping out in some capacity, if time allows me. I was a volunteer for a while in our early years.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

I had mentioned in a previous thread that there maybe should be a support team for the board, we have many skills amongst us and could support in many ways. most may not be able to commit to the full requirements of a board position but could be part of a steering/support group that can be of help.