Lost [ Sat 22nd Oct ] v Mickleover FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Re: [ Sat 22nd Oct ] v Mickleover FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by fentiger79 »

nsman wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:27 am Its hard to judge the wider level of discontent in the fanbase purely on some of the vitriolic postings on this forum but I think its fair to say the appointment if Maxwell as permanent manager is contentious. However I'm sure that the decision, however flawed it may, or may not turn out to be, was made by the current directors who were acting with the best interests of the club, as they saw it at the time and in difficult circumstances that are not completely public (yet). At the EGM I think we should try to refrain from a witch hunt of the current board. If they are forced to leave en masse we'd inevitably lose a lot of valuable backroom experience on top of what has already been lost from the club in the last 12 months. Better to offer to support them and strengthen the current board with new faces and new energy.
The playing squad has undoubtedly suffered by he loss of too many players from last years team, and having to "start from scratch" again. Do we really want the same thing to happen behind the scenes?
I agree that it shouldn't be a witch hunt however fans will expect answers. I totally disagree with the appointment and I think the majority do and it’s pretty obvious that there was interest from other managers who had the experience and I’m sure the contacts who would have been the better choice. We could take away most of the issues now by making moves for a new manager. If we need an extra person I’m sure we could get that to happen until the EGM.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Trek wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:24 am The EGM needs to identify if there are any others prepared to do ‘some lifting and carrying’ in other words be prepared to be a Board Member. If there are they could be co-opted on until formal elections take place next summer. At present there are 4 elected officers plus one co-opted member. Our Constitution presently permits 8 elected members plus 4 co-opted members.
Hi Paul, please can you clarify as I'm sure I read there had to be a minimum of 6 but maximum of 11 board members? Surely with a board number of less than 6, the EGM would allow an immediate election to avoid the possibility of having no board? Cheers
AFC R & D member number 34
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I havn’t got the CBS Constitution to hand Robin (although Andy Kirkup did post a copy in response to another query last week) but from memory we can have a maximum of 8 elected Board members with up to a further 4 co-opted members making a maximum of 12 members.
At present we have 4 elected board plus 1 co-opted therefore an additional co-opted member is required to ensure with have the minimum number to meet the Constitution.
I would be really wary about asking the existing Board to stand down without an experienced Treasurer and Secretary in office as I fail to see how the Club could continue to operate and meet the Southern League’s rules.
Trek

Post by Trek »

https://members.afcdiamondsshop.com/dow ... tution.pdf

Section 59-70 relates to the constitution of the Board
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Trek wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:35 pm https://members.afcdiamondsshop.com/dow ... tution.pdf

Section 59-70 relates to the constitution of the Board
Thanks. I read that as we can have up to 12 board members plus 4 co-opted external directors under Rule 68.
AFC R & D member number 34
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Am I reading that correctly that we can have a casual appointment as a short term solution to keep them required numbers?
Trek

Post by Trek »

fentiger79 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:41 pm Am I reading that correctly that we can have a casual appointment as a short term solution to keep them required numbers?
Yes these are referred to as co-option.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

fentiger79 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:41 pm Am I reading that correctly that we can have a casual appointment as a short term solution to keep them required numbers?
Rule 67 requires that co-opted members cannot be more than one third of the total number. So if we have 3 co-opted we need 6 voted on.
smoky
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by smoky »

Just a thought but if,and it's a big if,we did find a manager willing to try to sort out the team could we not try and raise the money to rebuild the team from the supporters, on a short term basis.I know we have the Players Lottery Fund and that is a move in the right direction but I think we need something a bit more substantial to give to the right manager to work with, I will be only to happy to contribute to keep this club that we all hold dear in business, anyone else?
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

ChappoC wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:27 pm Is a lot of the hatred on here personal against Richard Maxwell?
I doubt much of the criticism is against Richard personally. The whole thing seems to be a bit of a shambles.

Don't announce you are going to appoint a manager with Step 3/4 experience and then appoint a manager who has managed less than ten games in men's football and those at Step 7.

The voting policy of eliminating the contestant with the fewest votes is more akin to the Tory party or Strictly Come Dancing. It's not difficult, interview the candidates pick the best one.

The voting process, the statements made by the club make me think that someone was trying to be too clever by half and treating the Dan base as if they were idiots.