Lost [ Sat 22nd Oct ] v Mickleover FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
mattparker
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Re: [ Sat 22nd Oct ] v Mickleover FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by mattparker »

smoky wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:42 pm Just a thought but if,and it's a big if,we did find a manager willing to try to sort out the team could we not try and raise the money to rebuild the team from the supporters, on a short term basis.I know we have the Players Lottery Fund and that is a move in the right direction but I think we need something a bit more substantial to give to the right manager to work with, I will be only to happy to contribute to keep this club that we all hold dear in business, anyone else?
Nice one Smoky. I want to wait to hear the size of the hole (if there is one) at the meeting but will definitely help.
If we really do have a 30% deficit that will be a huge challenge for the new board to overcome and they will need suggestions like this to overcome it
mattparker
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

Our Academy teams are not funded by the main club
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

ChappoC wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:20 pm
Should files hosted under the members subdomain be accessible to everyone like that? files for members only should require a login to see them.
Our former Chairman posted the link on the manager appointment thread in response to a fan’s question about calling for an EGM.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:53 pm
ChappoC wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:27 pm Is a lot of the hatred on here personal against Richard Maxwell?
I doubt much of the criticism is against Richard personally. The whole thing seems to be a bit of a shambles.

Don't announce you are going to appoint a manager with Step 3/4 experience and then appoint a manager who has managed less than ten games in men's football and those at Step 7.

The voting policy of eliminating the contestant with the fewest votes is more akin to the Tory party or Strictly Come Dancing. It's not difficult, interview the candidates pick the best one.

The voting process, the statements made by the club make me think that someone was trying to be too clever by half and treating the Dan base as if they were idiots.
Hold on a sec, that’s how we conducted our interview process!!!! WTF!!!!!
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

ChappoC wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:24 pm Sorry I wasn't picking at you, I was thinking from a security perspective that it is odd that files in the members section can be viewed by anyone as if a non member could guess the name of the meeting minutes file they could access it if it is also stored there.
Not sure how that works and can’t answer that question but obviously our former Chairman did not have an issue in putting a link to the Community Benefit Society rules and was being helpful. These rules do not contain any sensitive or financial information.
All the meeting minutes are contained in a separate members forum which requires an additional login.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

ChappoC wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:13 pm Dazzler do you mind if I make a suggestion?
No problem, welcome to the forum. Quote here, DM me, or create a new thread “ChappoC’s Complaints”, whatever is convenient for you.
ChappoC wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:13 pm The twitter feed in the header slows down the site on iPads and the twitter posts in topics slow it down even more, I don't mind the lag if it is club tweets or something new but often the ones you post from Jon Dunham are not actually news.

The one you have just posted says *Jon Dunham speaks with Richard Maxwell* but that is not true, Jon Dunham has watched the AFCRDTV interview with Richard Maxwell and then typed up what he said in his own article.
That’s true, thanks for your diligence. I did notice this after I posted the link, read the article and then later watched the video. I have updated the comment to correct this oversite as, “Jon Dunham report, based on afcrdtv’s interview with Richard Maxwell”.

I even corrected the quoted reference to avoid further displeasure.
ChappoC wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:13 pm I believe that anyone who shares the interview work of others is supposed to be courteous and cite a source for it but Jon Dunham has not done that, he also has not added a credit for the article image which if I'm not mistaken is a screenshot of the AFCRDTV interview.

You are sharing Jon Dunham's work which gets his newspaper site traffic - but he's sharing AFCRDTV work and not getting them any traffic.

Jon Dunham gets paid for his work, the people at AFCRDTV do not, someone should tell him that if he is not going to credit their work then he should not be using it.
I’ll pass this on to the Media team as they work with Jon regularly. I’m sure they can advise him.

I personally always saw it as mutually beneficial as we get coverage in a local newspaper in print and online, but I’ll let the Media team handle that complaint and any compensation claim.

Assuming you are at the home game this Saturday, come say hello. The turnstile team can direct you. Bring your iPad.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

Dazzler wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:45 pm
ChappoC wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:13 pm Dazzler do you mind if I make a suggestion?
No problem, welcome to the forum. Quote here, DM me, or create a new thread “ChappoC’s Complaints”, whatever is convenient for you.
ChappoC wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:13 pm The twitter feed in the header slows down the site on iPads and the twitter posts in topics slow it down even more, I don't mind the lag if it is club tweets or something new but often the ones you post from Jon Dunham are not actually news.

The one you have just posted says *Jon Dunham speaks with Richard Maxwell* but that is not true, Jon Dunham has watched the AFCRDTV interview with Richard Maxwell and then typed up what he said in his own article.
That’s true, thanks for your diligence. I did notice this after I posted the link, read the article and then later watched the video. I have updated the comment to correct this oversite as, “Jon Dunham report, based on afcrdtv’s interview with Richard Maxwell”.

I even corrected the quoted reference to avoid further displeasure.
ChappoC wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:13 pm I believe that anyone who shares the interview work of others is supposed to be courteous and cite a source for it but Jon Dunham has not done that, he also has not added a credit for the article image which if I'm not mistaken is a screenshot of the AFCRDTV interview.

You are sharing Jon Dunham's work which gets his newspaper site traffic - but he's sharing AFCRDTV work and not getting them any traffic.

Jon Dunham gets paid for his work, the people at AFCRDTV do not, someone should tell him that if he is not going to credit their work then he should not be using it.
I’ll pass this on to the Media team as they work with Jon regularly. I’m sure they can advise him.

I personally always saw it as mutually beneficial as we get coverage in a local newspaper in print and online, but I’ll let the Media team handle that complaint and any compensation claim.

Assuming you are at the home game this Saturday, come say hello. The turnstile team can direct you. Bring your iPad.
:cheesy: :cheesy:
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

ChappoC wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:22 am The media team are volunteers and put a lot of time into their work, they deserve to be credited when someone is using their content, they were the ones who made the journey up to Mickleover.
As you’re a fan of the club am sure you are aware the whole club other than players/mgmt is pretty much based on volunteers, from the board, media team, kit team, turnstile team, match day volunteers, stadium maintenance groups, accounts, plus many other groups that support the overall club. All are equally important to the whole, and do a great job.

It’s both a strength and a weakness perhaps, and both models have their challenges as we currently see.

Read my post back, I didn’t dispute your point and emailed my media team/AFCRDTV contact for the last 10+ years to note the complaint within 40 minutes of your post. They responded by 6am. And so that is with them now (am sure they can update me). I updated the text reference to the article to be more accurate.

I think most of JonDs posts are based on his personal interviews at matches or via the one to one calls he has. Sometimes a manager may not be available or perhaps he agreed with AFCRDTV/Joseph to use his interview as he couldn’t make it - I don’t know, hence referring your query on to those that do. Feel free to let me know any incorrect references or issues moving forward.
ChappoC wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:22 am See the below link to Bedford Today, it is an example of a news site being respectful to those whose content they are benefiting from using.
https://www.bedfordtoday.co.uk/sport/fo ... ll-3886094
*Connor Tomlinson and Dan Harrison get forward against Rushall. Photo by Adrian Brown.*
*Setchell told Eagles TV after the game:*
Noted.
ChappoC wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:22 am Using sarcasm because someone points out that the media team are being taken advantage of says a lot, I'm sure you know that content creators rely on views and subscribers so it doesn't need me to tell you that if AFCRDTV are not credited, their YouTube channel is losing out on potential hits.
I actioned all of your points, and responded. All those stand: quote, dm or use a new thread. And feel free to say hello in person.

I create and post the various threads using the embedded Twitter for AFCRD (and other AFCRD accounts), JonD, Joseph etc… to help form a framework for information and discussion. Before we had the embedded Twitter enabled I used to upload graphics to avoid boring text only posts. At the expense of a few 10s-100s of milliseconds response time, it saved me a lot of time, plus drives clicks back to those Twitter channels.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

And there you go.
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

Well that cleared that up. He'd done something wrong, said he'd done something wrong and made it right. Job's a good un.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50