Lost [ Tue 25th Oct ] v Leiston FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Re: [ Tue 25th Oct ] v Leiston FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Biggles »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:38 am Is there nothing in the clubs constitution saying that supporters can request a manager be removed?

He needs to go, and I mean completely, if what I’ve heard is true, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the club.
What you heard could be untruths put about by people who have an personal agenda against somebody.
As a fan you can request anything however only those elected officials of the Board can hire or fire and it has to be a functioning Board which it is currently not.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
AFCRDPete2011
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by AFCRDPete2011 »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:38 am Is there nothing in the clubs constitution saying that supporters can request a manager be removed?

He needs to go, and I mean completely, if what I’ve heard is true, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the club.
What have you heard that could push you so far against him now? Don’t get me wrong, I have never been for him as manager, less so now given current performances, but it seems as though there’s something more in the background you know that others don’t?

On a side note, to talk about the actual game for a moment, very disappointing last night, not only the result, but to have one of our own apparently be racially abused by the home fans is not acceptable in football or otherwise. Solidarity to the lad who had to go through such shocking behaviour from a small minded idiot.

COYD
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

AFCRDPete2011 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:21 am

What have you heard that could push you so far against him now? Don’t get me wrong, I have never been for him as manager, less so now given current performances, but it seems as though there’s something more in the background you know that others don’t?

On a side note, to talk about the actual game for a moment, very disappointing last night, not only the result, but to have one of our own apparently be racially abused by the home fans is not acceptable in football or otherwise. Solidarity to the lad who had to go through such shocking behaviour from a small minded idiot.

COYD
Probably best not to discuss on an open forum. Word gets around, I’ve got no reason to disbelieve the person who told me what they did.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Biggles wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:07 am

What you heard could be untruths put about by people who have an personal agenda against somebody.
As a fan you can request anything however only those elected officials of the Board can hire or fire and it has to be a functioning Board which it is currently not.
I said in my other post, I have no reason not to believe what I was told. I’m sure the truth will come out eventually.

I did actually decide to keep quiet on anything I heard about the board, but that’s gone out the window.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

Firstly just wanted to agree with AFCRDPete2011 - the discussion about the manager position is overshadowing an important issue. Racism is never acceptable and should never be tolerated. I know everyone associated with AFC R&D would agree with me on this one.

On AFCRD_Dan's point - Motions by the Membership can take several forms (MadDog did a brilliant document on this which was circulated to Members, to which I am referring in writing this post).

However, both of the binding forms of Motion (Members Resolutions and Extraordinary Resolutions) essentially require that the Membership vote in a two thirds majority to change the Club's Constitution. It is difficult to imagine any wording for a constitutional change which would allow the Membership to remove a manager, without potentially damaging unintended future side-effects. In addition, the constitution stipulates that all Motions (whether Resolutions or Agenda Points) but be submitted to the Secretary no later than 28 days before any General Meeting, so the deadline for this has passed.

What I would suggest as a way forward for your point would be to find a away of canvassing opinion among AFC R&D Members, to help the Board to understand the opinion amongst the wider membership and whether your view is representative. DBSL has already reached out in this regard and, if you haven't already, it might be worth speaking to him to see if there is a way that you can work with him or do something which complements his work.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Trek wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:18 am
TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:43 am I can’t believe we said ‘no’ to Chris Nunn, because his style of play wouldn’t suit our players. LOL
Doesn’t fit in with the Dan Ashworth‘s England DNA philosophy which the Board have decided to pursue hence Burgess and Maxwell’s doomed appointments and the present state of the Senior Team at the bottom of the table.
That's quite worrying as the England DNA was designed to enhance coaching for young players and those in the Professional Development Stage, not for semi-pro men's football
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:58 am
TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:43 am I can’t believe we said ‘no’ to Chris Nunn, because his style of play wouldn’t suit our players. LOL
Doesn’t fit in with the Dan Ashworth‘s England DNA philosophy which the Board have decided to pursue hence Burgess and Maxwell’s doomed appointments and the present state of the Senior Team at the bottom of the table.

That's quite worrying as the England DNA was designed to enhance coaching for young players and those in the Professional Development Stage, not for semi-pro men's football
You make an interesting point and I have been advised that this approach is currently being employed by the major clubs in our league and took Matt Ward’s recent comments about our Club being more ‘professional’ to directly relate to DNA philosophy.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Trek wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:13 pm
SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:58 am

You make an interesting point and I have been advised that this approach is currently being employed by the major clubs in our league and took Matt Ward’s recent comments about our Club being more ‘professional’ to directly relate to DNA philosophy.
You can't take the England DNA, designed for full-time, elite players at World Class academies and expect to fit it exactly into twice a week (if you are lucky) training sessions and Saturday games against fully fledged, experienced players.

It will need tweaking toward your capabilities and your shortcomings and a more pragmatic approach. I can see it working with the U23's, and results so far have borne that out, that there is a place to put that into practice.

I would suggest that a team fighting for every point is not the time or the place.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

ChappoC wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:00 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:43 pm Chris Nunn was clearly best applicant for manager but just because he does not have UEFA B coaching he was rejected at first ballot.
Which one of you is a liar? or are both of you liars?

None of you have used the word 'apparently' so you both seem to be certain that what you are saying is true.

Mistakes were made at board level and changes need to be made, but pushing out lies about how those mistakes were made is unfair regardless of your feelings towards the board, it also damages the image of the fanbase, most of whom are honest.
Maybe both are true?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Match highlights from AFCRDTV

No post match interviews at the end of the highlights video, as per club twitter last night.