[ CLUB STATEMENT ] UPDATE & EGM Wednesday November 2nd 7:30pm HAYDEN RD

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Re: [ CLUB STATEMENT ] UPDATE & EGM Wednesday November 2nd 7:30pm HAYDEN RD

Post by Brownie »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:19 am Regarding the volunteers, all it would take is to go to those who walked away and offer apologies for the way they were treated.

There was a very good idea put forward at the meeting, this should 100% be something that needs to be implemented.
Given the way many were treated Dan I think you are being very optimistic if you believe an apology a few months/years later would get people back but I hope I'm wrong as some good people have been lost, things happened within the Club and one of the most important thing to come out of last night must be to ensure they never ever happen again. There is a route forward but it will probably be difficult and will need the right people steering the ship.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 45 times

Post by gibston »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:12 am
gibston wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:14 pm Matt will be another huge loss to the football club for sure. A guy who's gave it his everything and nice fella aswell. Thanks for everything Matt.
Absolutely correct, Matt will be a massive loss and his contribution to the success of the club should not be underestimated.

It seems like last night was a much needed reality check as to what's happened/happening off the the field, that can only be a positive.

Perhaps now it's time for a reality check on the pitch. While relegation should never be accepted until it's mathematically certain there should be a plan in place for playing at Step 4 next season.

Having correctly sacked the manager in the first place and then incorrectly appointed the wrong candidate, sacking Maxwell now or in the next couple of weeks may not be the answer. The coaching team does need someone with a bit of game smarts in the dugout though. Get Wayne Abbott in the dug out.

What is clear that you now need people on the board or available for advice who know how to run a football club.
Have you not tasted Wayne Abbotts coffee 🤦‍♂️
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Last night gave the opportunity to air a whole multitude of grievances and disagreements and they for the most part were done in an orderly and polite manner. So much information was gleaned from Matts presentation and general comments from the floor which just shows how important communication is. Hopefully in 3 weeks time we can get extra members on the board and then move to setting up the various steering committees. I went to the meeting with not much hope anything positive would be achieved but I came away heartened by so many fans real concerns and I would now imagine we will comfortably get 3 or 4 new board members ASAP and in the ensuing months further Co opted members. Whatever our views on how RM was appointed, and I am one of those who were not happy with the procedure, we do now need everyone to get behind him and the players. We have games coming up in the next four weeks which are all games that we can get a point or points from. On December 6th we face Tamworth again, that could be a game that shows what progress we have made.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Whilst last night was very positive we are not going to be able to move forward as a collective until the manager is changed. Might not want to hear that but it’s pretty obvious from last night, social media, reduced attendances, etc. we can’t be fractured at the moment we need to be all in together. A return to the U23’s would make sense and a new manager appointed. That would heal the number one issue and give us the platform to build a robust plan taking into account the likely possibility of step 4 football next season. People will be reluctant and even refusing to step forward to help out because of the fractured support. Fix the problem, we fix the fanbase.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

gibston wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:23 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:08 am In reply to Gibson, you need to pay attention more, 🙄the Co chairman quite understandably resigned from his position after the Redditch game when he was allegedly subjected to totally unwarranted abuse. Hence Matt was on his own last night.
Regarding the points target for RM surely that should only start from his first game in charge, he has 4 points to date in 5 games (I think) if we commence from Nuneaton. So 5 or 6 more games to get 10 points. A tall order under the circumstances. Tbf to him maybe the target he faces should be clarified and we all know where we stand.
I know he resigned,so please don't tell me to pay more attention. He's still goes and supports the team on match days so thought he'd play his part in supporting his EX Co chair even just as a member!!! Only my opinion of course.
Did I hear Matt say his (Chris) car broke down in Wellingborough that’s why he couldn’t come? Or was it someone else?
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Anyone have a guess who the other manager was who was in the final two? Managed in step 2 but did poorly and now currently in step 5 . Was this the one which wanted to just train just once on Thursday?
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

diamondsteve wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:37 pm Anyone have a guess who the other manager was who was in the final two? Managed in step 2 but did poorly and now currently in step 5 . Was this the one which wanted to just train just once on Thursday?
If you are a member the person's initials are revealed in the Board Meeting Minutes section of the Members' Forum. Then depending on how well you know your local(ish) non-league football you might be able to figure it out!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:19 am Regarding the volunteers, all it would take is to go to those who walked away and offer apologies for the way they were treated.

There was a very good idea put forward at the meeting, this should 100% be something that needs to be implemented.
Yes, 100% yes, this is an absolute no brained, how many times does it have to be said, this club is nothing without volunteers.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

So from what I can make out, the board can't sack him. He's aware of how the fans think about him. Surely only an egomaniac would persist in the job.
Do the right thing and resign RM.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Brownie wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:40 am

Given the way many were treated Dan I think you are being very optimistic if you believe an apology a few months/years later would get people back but I hope I'm wrong as some good people have been lost, things happened within the Club and one of the most important thing to come out of last night must be to ensure they never ever happen again. There is a route forward but it will probably be difficult and will need the right people steering the ship.
Yes, I’m probably optimistic, but I know of at least one who will happily come back, all they want is an apology. Yes it’s only one, but if others see that the board are trying to make amends, then it might encourage others to return. I guess we’ll see how that pans out over the next few months.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73