Lost [ Sat 12th Nov ] v Royston Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: [ Sat 12th Nov ] v Royston Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:03 pm The financial situation is primarily caused by the seasons sponsors withdrawing £18k, not just the drop in attendances.
The board also allowed Burge to spend about £750 over his weekly budget. Obscene.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

I think whoever was responsible for signing off on the over spending on the budget, needs to step down from their position. They truly haven't grasped the concept of a fan owned club.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

therushden wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:07 pm I think whoever was responsible for signing off on the over spending on the budget, needs to step down from their position. They truly haven't grasped the concept of a fan owned club.
A bit unfair really, the Manager was desperate to find players to improve the clubs and his position and in the current climate that means more money,
i would have thought the club would try to claw back the extra spending at a later date if all went well but we know it didn't go well so looks bad when seen in retrospect.

I think all Board members including those that left fully know the concept of a fan owned club as a lot of them have been doing it for years but this is the first time we have hit troubled and turbulent waters, the past had been about the the rise of the phoenix but now the financial squeeze has coincided with poor management decisions on the pitch and off it and the phoenix is loosing altitude.

Sorry but for ten years we had the good but now we are having the bad just like any other football team, it happens or did we think it was all up, up, up, relegation would one day get us maybe its come sooner than a lot of our fans thought but it was a coming if not this season but its waiting in the wings.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Biggles wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:46 am
therushden wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:07 pm I think whoever was responsible for signing off on the over spending on the budget, needs to step down from their position. They truly haven't grasped the concept of a fan owned club.
A bit unfair really, the Manager was desperate to find players to improve the clubs and his position and in the current climate that means more money,
i would have thought the club would try to claw back the extra spending at a later date if all went well but we know it didn't go well so looks bad when seen in retrospect.

I think all Board members including those that left fully know the concept of a fan owned club as a lot of them have been doing it for years but this is the first time we have hit troubled and turbulent waters, the past had been about the the rise of the phoenix but now the financial squeeze has coincided with poor management decisions on the pitch and off it and the phoenix is loosing altitude.

Sorry but for ten years we had the good but now we are having the bad just like any other football team, it happens or did we think it was all up, up, up, relegation would one day get us maybe its come sooner than a lot of our fans thought but it was a coming if not this season but its waiting in the wings.
I agree, if paying that bit extra to get the likes of Tee and Bunga then it’s worth doing. Any attempt to get out of this is going to cost and I have total support with the board making the decisions like that, as long as there is a plan. I’m going to stay diplomatic 😀 and just say that relegation isn’t a given YET but we need to act.
mattparker
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:13 pmThe board also allowed Burge to spend about £750 over his weekly budget. Obscene.
Had all players been fit I think the number would have been north of £1k. That’s not something that you can make up during the season on our budget. It’s key the right people are in the right positions at the club going forward and with the new board candidates we have a opportunity for a complete reset. Anything less would be unacceptable in my opinion
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

So do we know who is on a contract currently?

I know Evan is, Fossen I think as well, are Tee and Bunga as well? Not defending Burge's overspending at all, I think it is very disappointing given the position he left us in, but would like to think at the very least it will mean we can hold on to some of these players for the rest of the season and not just lose them to 7 dayers.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Olly wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:11 pm So do we know who is on a contract currently?

I know Evan is, Fossen I think as well, are Tee and Bunga as well? Not defending Burge's overspending at all, I think it is very disappointing given the position he left us in, but would like to think at the very least it will mean we can hold on to some of these players for the rest of the season and not just lose them to 7 dayers.
What the heck has happen to Fossen? Literally disappeared off the face of the earth since the hednesford game. Remember at the start of the season we were all desperate for that international clearance to come through, then it did and then he got injured. One of the strangest spells any player has had at the club
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

He was at EGM and has been present at almost every game I believe.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:01 pm He was at EGM and has been present at almost every game I believe.
Maybe he's injured then? We get very little info these days. I'd imagine that's the same situation with lashley and agemoh-davies
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Olly wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:11 pm So do we know who is on a contract currently?

Don't think Tee or Bunga are on contracts although to be honest I have no idea. Evan definitely does and I think Jensen Cooper does too.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291