Lost [ Sat 3rd Dec ] v Alvechurch, KO 12:30pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: [ Sat 3rd Dec ] v Alvechurch, KO 12:30pm SLPDC HOME

Post by davealbon »

fentiger79 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:03 am One suggestion I have (for a future game, aside from a “Diamond Day”) is could we link in with the free paper (Rushden Reporter or something like that) and see if it’s possible to have a front and back page special covering us on a future game with match report. Centre spread and loads of info and pictures on the front and back including lottery, fixtures, etc. in return they could be Matchday sponsors. Not sure if the paper is still going but it would reach so many people in the rushden area.
I think that's a really good idea. I've not seen the Rushden Reporter for a while, but they usually did have a small article about the club. The other one that would be worth advertising in is In Your Vicinity, which is definitely still in circulation. Their price list is available here.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

davealbon wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:42 am
fentiger79 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:03 am One suggestion I have (for a future game, aside from a “Diamond Day”) is could we link in with the free paper (Rushden Reporter or something like that) and see if it’s possible to have a front and back page special covering us on a future game with match report. Centre spread and loads of info and pictures on the front and back including lottery, fixtures, etc. in return they could be Matchday sponsors. Not sure if the paper is still going but it would reach so many people in the rushden area.
I think that's a really good idea. I've not seen the Rushden Reporter for a while, but they usually did have a small article about the club. The other one that would be worth advertising in is In Your Vicinity, which is definitely still in circulation. Their price list is available here.
The In Your Vicinity type stuff is on my longer term list once we're in a position to establish a marketing budget. I've got some contacts at Live Local which is the same sort of thing and covers NN8 and NN9 I think.

All good ideas though and we can never have too many of those. Keep them coming.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Have you looked at the Nextdoor app?
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Update from the groundsman
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Around the time we were in the Northern League there was an affiliate company who if football fans brought something from certain retail sites the club they support would receive a commission. I can't remember the name of it but if it is still going it may be worth looking at.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

The new man coming into this team really has got a big job on his hands. Unless he's bringing in around 6 or 7 players, then he'll be building a team to regain promotion from next season. Half of that team on show this afternoon are not up to step 3 level, even though most of us gave known that for a long time. Don't like to slag players off individually, but how Jack Connor keeps getting start for thid team is beyond me. Not sure if he's terrible or just doesn't want to be here. Even though there's still a long way to go, in already consigned to relegation and checking out where we'll be visiting next season already
smoky
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by smoky »

Went this afternoon hoping there would be a new found optimision around the ground after all that's happened in the last week or so but I was wrong. This team is going backwards, at the start of the season it was all about gelling together as a unit but that is not the case now,we are just not good enough to be playing in this league and not even sure how we will fare next step down.When the new manager is announced he will have one he'll of a job on his hands,the main one being the building of a team that can compete at what ever level.Today we didn't tackle with any purpose, either up front or in defence, the second goal being a prime example where a player can dribble past five of our defenders and score,not one decent tackle from anyone. I like most supporters have tried to be optimistic but we are rapidly reaching a point where we will go to a game wondering how many we will get beaten by.It is now obvious that the players we have are not going to improve so let's get a manager who will start looking towards next season and start building a side that will give everything for our club.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

Couldn't agree more!

First of all I was really disappointed in the 278 attendance,

Secondly, that was as poor a performance as the last home game. The passing was awful, clearances non existent and did we actually win the second ball? We had one half chance in the first half and despite better build up play in the second half, attack wise we were woeful.

I felt for Matty Vernon today. I could hear him belting out instruction for the entire 90 minutes and he certainly showed more emotion than Maxwell and Burrgess put together.

Its not all about a new manager, its also about getting players in - admittedly on a very limited budget - who can fight and play at this level, In my opinion, only Snedker, Tee and Ngwa are Step 3 standard.

It was a hard watch this afternoon but being realistic its going to be tough for the rest of the season.
smoky
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by smoky »

Surely getting a new manager is paramount as players will come to a club if the manager is someone that they have played for or would like to.There must be managers out there who feel that they can improve themselves and create their own style of team from a blank canvas, and that is certainly something that we are being asked to support at the moment.