Gary Setchell.

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: Gary Setchell.

Post by Adrian »

Setch has a Steve Evans look about him these days, very similar hair styles. Just a shame Gary doesn't have that menacing side that Steve has otherwise he would probably get a different tune out of the squad we currently have.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
smoky
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by smoky »

If Gary Setchell joins us would he bring Sam Warburton with him, I think he played pretty well for us and would stand out in the team we have at the moment.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

smoky wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:55 pm If Gary Setchell joins us would he bring Sam Warburton with him, I think he played pretty well for us and would stand out in the team we have at the moment.
And that just proves how bad our defence is
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Adrian wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:45 pm Setch has a Steve Evans look about him these days, very similar hair styles. Just a shame Gary doesn't have that menacing side that Steve has otherwise he would probably get a different tune out of the squad we currently have.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/4143468.stm
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Adrian wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:45 pm Setch has a Steve Evans look about him these days, very similar hair styles. Just a shame Gary doesn't have that menacing side that Steve has otherwise he would probably get a different tune out of the squad we currently have.
I'd rather have Burgess and Maxwell back as joint managers, assisted by Paul Hart and Ernie Tippett, than anyone who is remotely like the abhorrent excuse for a human being that is Steve Evans.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Formic wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:52 pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/4143468.stm
Well I was going to say beggars can't be choosers and say I'd happily have him right now as at least he has that managerial experience in and around this level that we so desperately need, but on reading this, maybe not, not a good look for our club employing someone like this...
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

My brother in law in Glasgow knew Steve Evans father and said he was a Gobshite , i said that someone else was very similar
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

If we appoint Setchell I will cancel my lottery money and not make any further financial support.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:13 pm If we appoint Setchell I will cancel my lottery money and not make any further financial support.
I take it that is based on the news story.

Well Bedford had no qualms on appointing him so my disappointment would will be on less of a morality basis and more on recent events.

I could not see how his appointment would benefit us as his last Gig was to take Bedford towards joining us in the bottom four considering he had a far better budget than us does not give me confidence he would have the ability to get us out of the bottom four.

Anyhow the final decision on who will be crowned king is not made until tonight when the gathering of the privy council takes place.
Then we will rejoice at the Coronation on Saturday when loyal subjects will gather at the hustings to see out gallant new king joust with
the foe from Basfordland.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Biggles wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:41 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:13 pm If we appoint Setchell I will cancel my lottery money and not make any further financial support.
I take it that is based on the news story.

Well Bedford had no qualms on appointing him so my disappointment would will be on less of a morality basis and more on recent events.

I could not see how his appointment would benefit us as his last Gig was to take Bedford towards joining us in the bottom four considering he had a far better budget than us does not give me confidence he would have the ability to get us out of the bottom four.

Anyhow the final decision on who will be crowned king is not made until tonight when the gathering of the privy council takes place.
Then we will rejoice at the Coronation on Saturday when loyal subjects will gather at the hustings to see out gallant new king joust with
the foe from Basfordland.
Jousting maybe, but I don't think there's any chance of a football match.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297