[ NEW MANAGER ] Chris Nunn

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
smoky
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Re: TODAY @ 10AM [ NEW MANAGER ]

Post by smoky »

Time to put our hands in our pockets and give our new manager all the financial support we can muster.Ive joined the players lottery as its one way of helping the club to attract the sort of players we will need for our big push to stay in this league. It can be done with our support, so let's start looking up in the league and overtaking the teams above us,it's not impossible, it can be done.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

I've just sponsored Chris Nunn Home and away.
smoky
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Re: [ NEW MANAGER ] Chris Nunn

Post by smoky »

Well done pressman.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Adrian wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:02 pm Chris Nunn replied to a tweet about our game being postponed last week.
Some older fans may be familiar with a phrase that dates back to the 1800's: "third time's a charm" could it come true this Christmas? :meeting:
So it really did come true this Christmas.

Welcome Chris.

There was a period earlier in the season when people said the board don't listen to the fans but since the new board have come in they have shown that they do listen with a couple of their early decisions and now this one as Chris Nunn had been mentioned all 3 times when the job has been up for grabs.

This board has done a lot in a short time, the sad thing is a lot of it was self inflicted by the old board, nonetheless they have come in and acted fast to get things moving and gotten some of the old faces back. They deserve a lot of credit for that.

Key points I will take from this appointment,
If we stay up, it gives us a positive start for next season, more so as it will have been on the back of a strong finish to this season.
If we get relegated, his plethora of experience will surely give us a good chance of bouncing back.

We can go back to concentrating on the football side of things now and hopefully we can show some appreciation for the new board in numbers and really get behind the team and new manager.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Fantastic news, a popular appointment and one with that all important step 3 experience and knowledge of local football.

I hope he puts his all into trying to avoid relegation even if it is a huge ask, but for me I would want to see he has the ability to attract players of a better standard than we have had this season and of course at least be in better form in the second half of the season than the first, although it would be difficult to be much worse! If so then he deserves to be given a chance to bring us back up should the r word happen. Will be interesting to see if he can bring any Kenpston players over, Ben Baker in particular has had a fantastic season, what we would do right now for a goalscorer!

Bedford on Boxing day now is the most I've looked forward to a Diamonds game probably since the last game of last season, a huge local derby against a team whom I would say we have a chance against and it would be a great time for the new manager effect to kick in as well. Hope as many Diamonds fans will be there, £5 per ticket as well, could be a great crowd!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I certainly want to see some wheeling and dealing with players, to begin moulding his team. Avoiding relegation would be a miraculous achievement IMO this season, so for me the priority is to build for next season.
Welcome to the Diamonds Chris 💎💎💎💎

We certainly cannot just go back to supporting the football team, we're a long way from safe off the pitch. We still need people to join our working groups and help drive our club forwards again. Helping off the pitch will help it on it.
AFC R & D member number 34
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Formic wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:50 pm Excellent news!

He gives a very good interview too - perhaps the Lottery might get a boost now people realise their money will be spent wisely.
(it would be good to have advice on how to increase a monthly stake).

There's a good report on his initial spell at Biggleswade Town, including how he took them from the Spartan South Midlands League to Step 3, as well as to the First Round Proper of the FA Cup here - https://www.thecomet.net/sport/22375791 ... -12-years/
Formic - I think you just register for a second entry effectively, but I'm not 100% sure. If you (and anyone else) would like to do this or have any questions, please email lottery@afc-diamonds.com.

Thanks to all for their positive responses to this appointment. It appears like there is almost unanimous approval and I do hope this can be a defining moment in bringing us all back together after an extremely difficult first few months of the season.

As many have alluded to on here, the club needs as much £ as possible, as quickly as possible. There are plenty of ways you can do this such as the lottery etc, but the thing I'd like most of all is for each of us to bring someone who supported the club in the past but has drifted away, to an upcoming game. Let's pack Hayden Road on 2nd Jan regardless of the outcome on Boxing Day and start as we mean to go on.

Thanks to Pressman for his sponsorship of Chris Nunn! There are still loads of players yet to be sponsored, if you are interested please let me know. Prices start from £50 +VAT.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Chris was linked with the Bedford Town job so his first game being against them will be interesting.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

To answer my own question about increasing a lottery stake, it's very easy. Assuming you are already a lottery member you can just email afcrdteambuilding@outlook.com and ask them to sort it for you.

If you want to join the lottery for the first time there is a link on the home page of the OWS, or go via https://www.afcdiamonds.com/team-building-lottery/
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I’ve requested to increase my lottery stake, every little helps as they say.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73