Lost BOXING DAY AWAY! [ Mon 26th Dec ] v Bedford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 45 times

Re: BOXING DAY AWAY! [ Mon 26th Dec ] v Bedford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by gibston »

Honest & totally right interview 👏👏👏👏
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Dazzler wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:41 pm Interview with AFCRDTV
He is spot on in his comment about listening to a lot of recent Diamonds interviews and not wanting to make excuses.

A fair assessment, impressed with the way he tried to explain his first half tactics and setting traps for Bedford, shows he knows what he is talking about and knew a bit about the opposition, then he said he knew St Ives were losing, another indicator that he keeping tabs on the opponents.

Just hearing the honesty gives me a lot of hope.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

So typical of this season today, we were well within in the game after our equaliser and the saved penalty and were actually playing some decent football, making some good tackles in midfield and playing some nice balls out to the wings, and then they score right before half time and we showed once again our inexperience and painful naivety
and capitulate in the second half in the most silly and embarrassing way and in a derby game against a newly promoted team!

Certainly don't envy Chris Nunn, 14 points adrift (taking into account Alvechurch being in a false position with so many games in hand), a team that is probably mid table step 4 at best and very little budget to rectify it. I was stupid enough to believe a positive result today might give us a little hope of making an unlikely escape, but sadly that hope has all but gone after today. I believe we'll have a better second half of the season, but this team is never going to keep us up and even if we did manage to rebuild a new team, there isn't enough time for it to gel for us to get 30+ points needed to survive.

At this point I simply want to see us not be the team that everyone expects to win against, not much to ask really...
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 106 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Chris said it as it is;

“It was men against boys”

“We need better players”

He said the players might get upset if new players come in, let them get upset, it’s clear a number of them aren’t good enough.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:04 pm Chris said it as it is;

“It was men against boys”

“We need better players”

He said the players might get upset if new players come in, let them get upset, it’s clear a number of them aren’t good enough.
If they have a brain they should be getting their CV back out or giving their agent a heads up . Or better still see if their local pub team needs additions
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

diamondsteve wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:22 pm If they have a brain they should be getting their CV back out or giving their agent a heads up . Or better still see if their local pub team needs additions
I don't think it's all of them though, some of the players have shown they can play well at times.
Perhaps the men against boys comment and saying they were physically not strong enough indicated a fitness issue? over the last few months we have seen what we call our better players being on the subs bench without being told they are injured.

Nunn hasn't had enough time with them yet, at the minute I get the feeling that players think they will just role into the team because we don't have enough players hence the lack of fight when we go behind, I am hoping that when we add some more faces to the team and they realise they have to fight for a place in the team we may see something better from them. I just hope that players like Fossen and Tee are not being paid too much as that is something else that encourages lower paid players not to bother.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I would not be unhappy to see the return of some of last seasons squad. I'm thinking Akubine, FBT and Tshkuna and ASAP Hicks. I know many rave about Tee but the admittedly few times I have seen him he achieves very little, runs into dead ends and rarely makes a pass. Obviously we need Snedker and I would keep Hughes but not one other of the defence would be a great loss. Fossen is potentially OK but how will we know if he never plays. Just how long does a wrist injury take to mend? (genuine question). Ngwa and Kanga have some good days, so keep them. O Connor and Manangu are only there to make up the numbers. I still think Cooper given a run in the team with decent players alongside him will come good. Corden and White with the returnees i mentioned I would also keep but not necessarily play at the same time. It all adds up to a massive clear out over the next couple of months or sooner.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Excellent attendance yesterday, let's hope for similar at Hayden Road next monday
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 106 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:15 am I would not be unhappy to see the return of some of last seasons squad. I'm thinking Akubine, FBT and Tshkuna and ASAP Hicks. I know many rave about Tee but the admittedly few times I have seen him he achieves very little, runs into dead ends and rarely makes a pass. Obviously we need Snedker and I would keep Hughes but not one other of the defence would be a great loss. Fossen is potentially OK but how will we know if he never plays. Just how long does a wrist injury take to mend? (genuine question). Ngwa and Kanga have some good days, so keep them. O Connor and Manangu are only there to make up the numbers. I still think Cooper given a run in the team with decent players alongside him will come good. Corden and White with the returnees i mentioned I would also keep but not necessarily play at the same time. It all adds up to a massive clear out over the next couple of months or sooner.
Would be good to have those four back, not sure what’s happened to Hicks, I’m guessing some personal issue. Tshikuna left because he likely couldn’t believe what he was witnessing with Burgess completely gutting the squad, FBT initially said he would return, but then had Nathan whispering in his ear, Jesse was dropped for one of he who shall not be named under 23 players, don’t blame him for leaving. Not expecting Nathan, Jesse or FBT to return to be honest, as Chris Nunn will have his own players in mind.

Thank him for his efforts, and send Connor back to Cobblers. We need a partner for Jenson who can actually hold the ball up.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:15 am I would not be unhappy to see the return of some of last seasons squad. I'm thinking Akubine, FBT and Tshkuna and ASAP Hicks. I know many rave about Tee but the admittedly few times I have seen him he achieves very little, runs into dead ends and rarely makes a pass. Obviously we need Snedker and I would keep Hughes but not one other of the defence would be a great loss. Fossen is potentially OK but how will we know if he never plays. Just how long does a wrist injury take to mend? (genuine question). Ngwa and Kanga have some good days, so keep them. O Connor and Manangu are only there to make up the numbers. I still think Cooper given a run in the team with decent players alongside him will come good. Corden and White with the returnees i mentioned I would also keep but not necessarily play at the same time. It all adds up to a massive clear out over the next couple of months or sooner.
Yes the 3 signings supported by available Team Building Lottery funds

Is there any loophole with long injury spells in a players contract? It’s been that long that Fossen has just been forgotten about. I mean he was our main player right our captain “ He is a fantastic character – someone who will drive the dressing room and ensure standards are kept high – and I believe will become a firm favourite at Hayden Road.”

We need to ask the question on his return?
Our club has never had a contracted player out for 21 (inc 2 cups) games….. what’s happening what’s the current status

Tee was Burg last throw of the dice and I think Tee would of took the budget into red , but burg was desperate. One we would keep but needs a overview from Chris

Evan looked promising in pre season but we was too naive and gave him a contact to early 30th July “ He’s come in and worked very hard, is a humble and polite lad” “ We’ve seen through pre-season he’s got great presence, is an excellent defender and is comfortable and efficient in possession.”

Courtney Lashley well a kid which got ditched from cobblers . Needed to get into senior men’s at step 5 not straight in at step 3 imo. For his careers sake

Why give out contracts to these player after a few pre season training sessions? They would never of been poached!

Lesson learned and NO more contracts please! If we have good players in the future then let’s not be worried about them leaving us for better