Won [ Mon 2nd Jan ] v St Ives Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Re: [ Mon 2nd Jan ] v St Ives Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by discodunk »

Whos the fella KANGA ,he wasnt on the teamsheet,,,he looked a real handfull when he came on ,,,great win lads ,
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

discodunk wrote: ↑Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:01 pm Whos the fella KANGA ,he wasnt on the teamsheet,,,he looked a real handfull when he came on ,,,great win lads ,
He goes by the names Andy Mandjoba (which I think was on the teamsheet) and Andy Kanga. I'm not sure on what the official line is, but he seems to interchange between each surname everywhere he goes!

Either way, can't recall him having a bad game for us which is impressive considering the way the season has been going, until now!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

BartonRaz wrote: ↑Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:34 pm
discodunk wrote: ↑Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:01 pm Whos the fella KANGA ,he wasnt on the teamsheet,,,he looked a real handfull when he came on ,,,great win lads ,
He goes by the names Andy Mandjoba (which I think was on the teamsheet) and Andy Kanga. I'm not sure on what the official line is, but he seems to interchange between each surname everywhere he goes!

Either way, can't recall him having a bad game for us which is impressive considering the way the season has been going, until now!
Two names? Two lots of wages? Passing gesture from Burgess πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

I agree, think we could have a bit of a gem here, definitely deserves more gametime than he's been getting.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Olly wrote: ↑Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:13 pm
Ricky330 wrote: ↑Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:39 pm
Phil-the-Diamond wrote: ↑Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:41 pm

No, please don't tell him! Quite enjoyed something a bit different, but I did have to think about what sport we were watching. 'Don't forget to get your snacks ' at half-time was good as well!
Bruce is quite literally an absolute Diamond πŸ’Ž. Great move to get him on the mike. Love itπŸ‘πŸ‘
Yeah, got to agree, nothing against our other PA announcers, but Bruce is so unique and entertaining, yes the way he announces subs might be a bit cringey, but if anything having him on the mic adds something to our match day experience, something that has lacked at HR I feel, you certainly don't forget him!
As one of those former announcers I love Bruce's way. It brings something different to the job. Yes it can be a bit jarring at times but boy it is so positive. Keep at it Bruce we love you.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

sussexdiamond wrote: ↑Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:21 pm
Olly wrote: ↑Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:13 pm
Ricky330 wrote: ↑Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:39 pm
Bruce is quite literally an absolute Diamond πŸ’Ž. Great move to get him on the mike. Love itπŸ‘πŸ‘
Yeah, got to agree, nothing against our other PA announcers, but Bruce is so unique and entertaining, yes the way he announces subs might be a bit cringey, but if anything having him on the mic adds something to our match day experience, something that has lacked at HR I feel, you certainly don't forget him!
As one of those former announcers I love Bruce's way. It brings something different to the job. Yes it can be a bit jarring at times but boy it is so positive. Keep at it Bruce we love you.
For me, personally, I think Bruce is fantastic.
He's loyal beyond reason to the club, he's completely unique, he's a bloody lovely bloke, and for all the player "In's" and "Out's" I thought he handled the testament to Cody on Monday impeccably.

Undoubtedly, at times he can be a bit of a plonker, but he's OUR plonker and I for one bloody love him!!!

Never change Bruce, you are an absolute diamond πŸ’Ž
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

If I remember correctly, Southern League rules state that players must be registered under the name on their birth certificate. I’m sure Stacey verified this when the question was asked previously.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: ↑Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:07 am

If I remember correctly, Southern League rules state that players must be registered under the name on their birth certificate. I’m sure Stacey verified this when the question was asked previously.
Yes, that’s right πŸ‘πŸ»

This season, clubs at Steps 3 & 4 have been using the same
Registration system used by the EFL and PL. Players must be registered using the name that is shown on their ID (passport/driving licence etc). This then transfers onto the teamsheet which is automatically generated from the registration system - very irritating for players like Andy and Eniola who aren’t generally known by their real name but there’s no way around it at the moment. As you’d expect, I’ve raised it as an issue with the SL to take to The FA for consideration.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts